Thread: Maver Marte - Vibration Damping?

Maver Marte - Vibration Damping?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All

My Maver is quite loud (actually a bit louder than the 6910) and inclined to have quite a strong vibration to it. Im assuming this is quite normal and because of the vibratory pump, so am not too concerned.

Because Chris at Talk Coffee installed a new group seal on the machine when he was refurbishing it, like the true gem he is (thank you!) the group handle only locks in at about 7 oclock at this stage and, as a consequence, I have to put the shot glasses at about 5 oclock and 10 oclock. The glass at 5 oclock is then sitting on a slight angle where it spans the solid chrome and the grid of the tray.

The problem is that, when the machine vibrates with its vibratory pump, the glass jiggle away from the spouts and I have to keep moving them back under. It ends up being a knock-on effect where the 5 oclock ends up vibrating against the 10 oclock one and they both start moving away.

Has anyone successfuly worked out a way to dampen down the vibratory affect, other than putting a microfibre cloth under the glasses? Would something under the machine itself help, do you think? There is no issue with the actual machine moving - its not that bad.

Cheers
    Di

PS - Im quite proud of the fact that I mentioned the word vibration or similar in this thread so many times I lost count, and managed to not smirk once...oh, damn, there goes that claim!!!

;)

TC

Re: Maver Marte - Vibration Damping?

Quote Originally Posted by 1C3B2D3F27540 link=1245149229/0#0 date=1245149229
    Hi All

My Maver is quite loud (actually a bit louder than the 6910) and inclined to have quite a strong vibration to it. *Im assuming this is quite normal and because of the vibratory pump, so am not too concerned.

Because Chris at Talk Coffee installed a new group seal on the machine when he was refurbishing it, *like the true gem he is (thank you!) the group handle only locks in at about 7 oclock at this stage and, as a consequence, I have to put the shot glasses at about 5 oclock and 10 oclock. *The glass at 5 oclock is then sitting on a slight angle where it spans the solid chrome and the grid of the tray.

The problem is that, when the machine vibrates with its vibratory pump, the glass jiggle away from the spouts and I have to keep moving them back under. *It ends up being a knock-on effect where the 5 oclock ends up vibrating against the 10 oclock one and they both start moving away.

Has anyone successfuly worked out a way to dampen down the vibratory affect, other than putting a microfibre cloth under the glasses? * Would something under the machine itself help, do you think? *There is no issue with the actual machine moving - its not that bad.

Cheers
    Di

PS - Im quite proud of the fact that I mentioned the word vibration or similar in this thread so many times I lost count, and managed to not smirk once...oh, damn, there goes that claim!!!

;)
    Hi Di..

:(...shouldnt be like that...Thanks courier >:(

Pop the cover off the machine and I suspect that you will find that the pump has rotated in its support...

Straighten it up and have another shot. This will hopefully improve things....

regards

Chris

Thanks Chris, Ill give this a try - could you possibly PM me a quick heads up on how to find the pump when you have few moments - or put it up here if others will benefit also?

Ill do it and that will save Pete opening it up and having the inclination to poke around! :)

Sorry, I possibly should have mentioned it ages ago, but thought it was just normal for a large HX machine with vibratory pump.

Cheers
    Di

All done and a lot quieter. Pete (with very strict instructions not to play!) opened it up this afternoon and it turned out that the black box thing (the control board? I dunno!) was sitting against the side wall of the machine and the pipe was against the side also. The pump (the round barrelly thing?) wsa a little bit askew also. With a bit of coaxing, all moved into the right areas and its a considerably quieter.

Bliss!!!

Thanks for suggesting that Chris!

Cheers
    Di