Thread: Valued Opinion Wanted Please.

Valued Opinion Wanted Please.

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    My Faema Family finally gave up the ghost after a boiler seal leaked and shorted out the element terminal, this is after 24 years of service. I am reluctant to repair the unit as I feel that a newer machine would be appropriate and I am leaning towards another Faema E98 S1 at the moment. I would be appreciative of any CC members input as to this machine or a similar unit that may be better and within my price range.
    I have a budget of $3,000 and I am currently looking at a second hand E98 that is well below this figure, I dont want to send good money after bad, so any input will be most appreciated. Kind regards.

Re: Valued Opinion Wanted Please.

Welcome! *You only get valued opinions on this site!

I dont know the machine that you refer to but it sounds like the a commercial one group....all I can say is that the FAEMA commercial 2 group that I have with the E91 group is a very nice piece of kit..easy to work on...easy and cheap to get bits for...and makes a fantastic coffee...the thing that you will probably hear on there is that you will need to concentrate on the back up from the vendor. *On this site I dont believe that any of the vendors sell FAEMA.... *Personally if it was me, for home use, I would get a FAEMA again (not that my 95 is expected to break down anytime soon!).

For commercial use in a cafe I would love to have a FAEMA 3 group Diplomat say or for that matter two Dues, but you would have to look at support for that (because as I understand it the commercials are sold by Vittoria coffee...so not ordering their coffee (assuming as I do that you would roast your own or get good roasted) *might come into the equation, I dont know)...I would be confident fixing my own machines up to a point, but that support issue might turn me to spending the EXTRA on same an La Mazocca, although to be perfectly honest I am yet to see black stuff coming out of them that betters what the FAEMA produces...

Cheers

PS. *Let the professional LM users start the flaming... ;D

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 7E6B62727E6565110 link=1245161502/1#1 date=1245186711
    although to be perfectly honest I am yet to see black stuff coming out of them that betters what the FAEMA produces...

Cheers

PS.Let the professional LM users start the flaming... Grin
    Youre going to the wrong places :P

Thanks Ozscott for your response, I want the new purchase for home use only, maybe other CC members will give me a lead in the purchase of a new unit. Many thanks.