Thread: Which machine to best suite me?

Which machine to best suite me?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello everyone,

I am new to this site, which I have been reading for an hour and still havent come across the answer to my burning question which is...

Which machine is best suited to my needs, which are listed below.

* Great dense froth, so will need to have a great frother which is quick and easy to use for a novice.
    * Grinder and machine all in one
    * Only required to do 2-8 cups per day
    * Budget is no more than $3000
    * Main use will be for cappuccino/hot chocolates

This is all I can think of at the moment, but these are the main things that I would love to have in my new coffee machine.

Can anyone please help???

Cheers

Re: Which machine to best suite me?

There are some really good machines in your price range but you must have a good grinder about $475 for a Rancilio Rocky is a great start.

Apart from that a La Scala Butterfly, Expobar Minore III or Diadema Regal are all nice machines.

You should have change from $3000

If you want to go a tad over you can get a Rocket Giotto and Rocky. I have the Giotto its *awesome :)

If you are getting gear at this end of the market then also invest in a Barista course @ William Anglis or something like that, Do this and you will get the very best out of you gear.

Oh and Welcome to CS.

Hi and welcome

You need a HX (heat exchanger) machine
    Bezzera
    VBM
    Giotto
    Diadema
    Are some espresso machines to short list
    Good grinder is also essential
    Mazzer
    Compak
    Macap

You need to road test the obove machines and pick the one that you like best

Where do you live as a sponsor may be able to help with special CS pricing

KK

Caffeine Junky

Do you want a machine with a built-in grinder? This will certainly limit your choice and Im not aware of any such machines at that end of the price range.

Coffeelover101 your original request was for advice on a machine with a built in grinder.
    Now i am no expert here but from my reading of these forums over the last 1 - 2 years is that you are better off with a separate grinder purely for the quality of the grind. Starting with an appropriate grinder is a must and the suggestions so far are all good. I have a Giotto, not a new one but from all accounts the newer ones are even better than what i have and i have no complaints about mine.

I would use the LHS "email all site sponsors" function and you will get some very honest no pressure advice back.

Mal

Quote Originally Posted by 7C5851515252687C58445A58370 link=1245932728/2#2 date=1245933615
    You need a HX (heat exchanger) machine
    HX or dual boiler (Expobar Minore III) ? Or is there a specific reason why HX is better?

HX is more in your price range dual boilers are "better" but more expensive, for around 2200 you can pick up a really good HX and $800 for the grinder means you should never need to upgrade (the grinder). Well thats just my opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 515F525D4A5C5D330 link=1245932728/6#6 date=1246060703
    HX is more in your price range dual boilers are "better" but more expensive
    That is arguable mate and probably better stated that it is an alternative to a HX rather than better than a HX machine. Best discussed in its own thread though.... ;)

Not necessarily more expensive either ::)

Mal.

Quote Originally Posted by 7A57535F523E0 link=1245932728/7#7 date=1246067295
    That is arguable mate and probably better stated that it is an alternative to a HX rather than better than a HX machine
    Hence the quotation marks ;D, alternative is a more accurate description. No argument here. ::)

Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 6468616162626B68716275363736070 link=1245932728/0#0 date=1245932728
    * Grinder and machine all in one
    Hey coffeelover101,

do you mean a super auto? That is, press a button and coffee comes out of the spout? All of the machines mentioned so far are semi autos, that is, you grind the coffee on your grinder, then lock in your handle and press a button or lift a lever. These make better coffee but require a "little"* more involvement. (* substitute "lot" for most on this forum ;)

charlie