Thread: jura Impressa z5

jura Impressa z5

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

I was just wondering if any coffee snobs on here would say anything good about about Jura semi auto machines or whether people on here generally frown on commercial machines like that?

Cheers.

Re: jura Impressa z5

Hi Doc,
    I think youll find frowns all round. A semi-competent person with manual equipment will always do better than a Jura et al.

Its like a good carwash, a beautiful painting or a fine wine. Humans just do it better.

Now for how long.....thats another question ;)

Btw, thats not to belittle the autos. They have their place thanks to clean, no fuss, fast etc. Just dont expect a nice coffee out of them.

If you go down this route ask about extra warranty make sure it covers all parts and labour and maybe courier pickup / dropoff. You could be making lots of trips to a service agent IMO

every time i drop by a particular sponsor* from over there <--------
    there seems to be lots and lots of superautos in boxs waiting for repair / service.

* This has nothing to do with the Sponsor or there skills in repair IMO, they (superautos) IMO would be the problem. I have NFI about them really (superautos) but suspect they are rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by 6B7D6C6069696A6A0F0 link=1247404244/0#0 date=1247404244
    I was just wondering if any coffee snobs on here would say anything good about about Jura semi auto machines or whether people on here generally frown on commercial machines like that?
    If you are going to go down that road - you will find that the ENA and C -range just as good - just not as many preset buttons for each coffee type -cap,long black, flat white etc - it has the auto frother.
    If you just want to push one button and not even move a cup to have a cap then its the Z. But you don`t need to go that hi in the range.
    You can still pick you ml pour with both the ENA & the C-range.
    hope this helps.

We use the X range here at work and are just considering whether to replace with a newer, another volumetric machine with external grinders or just perhaps refurbish/service the existing one we have.
    For us here the Jura has worked for the last 5 years or so pumping out about 2kg per week, for staff to use its a no brainer and results in a reasonably clean coffee environment.

Mal

Quote Originally Posted by 2E3829252C2C2F2F4A0 link=1247404244/0#0 date=1247404244
    Hi,

Cheers.
    Good morning all.

There is nothing to frown about. Good auto machines serve a a very good purpose particularly in the office environment. There is nothing wrong with the coffee they produce (given the usual caveats re using good quality beans and knowing how to set up and keep the machine well adjusted and set up over time just like any other coffee machine). Its just different from coffee produced by other methods.

You should also be wary that many people that "frown" dont have any real experience of them and are simply regurgitating what they have read and re read around the sites and also written by people that are only regurgitating.... No offence intended to anyone, its just a statement and itself often needs to be repeated in the forums to stop enquirers getting the wrong idea.

I have often stated that the three common groups of espresso machines all make different coffee from eachother using the same beans, and in fact the stove top pre dates the pump driven heat exchanger machine so popular in these sites, so maybe that means that our beloved semi commercial and commercial HX and two boiler espresso machines should be frowned upon because they dont make coffee like a $19.00 original type stove top espresso machine????? *;)

If you like stove top espresso, does that make HX or auto espresso no good....or just a different enterpretation of the subject? *And if you happen to like auto espresso, does that mean you have no taste, or that you are simply an individual...just like when you buy a certain type of motor vehicle but it is not the same as someone elses favourite type!

Ok to get back to it, you choose an auto machine that is specifically designesd for the purpose. *You mentioned "commercial" in which case you are either talking office or cafe. In which case you should be talking Jura (office) or Melitta (cafe / refectory). You also then need to seek out suppliers that specialiose in those fields and not a department store because they sell domestic machines and have NO (repeat NO) backup as required by office and commercial clients.

And yes, my commercial intention is firmly noted as I am an area distributor for Jura!

There is no such thing as an extended warranty on a JURA when it is used in a commercial situation (that I know of). The standard 24 month retail warranty (and extended dept store type warranty) is only for retail use.

Good luck in your search.

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by 6B66656B090 link=1247404244/4#4 date=1247520949
    We use the X range here at work and are just considering whether to replace with a newer, another volumetric machine with external grinders or just perhaps refurbish/service the existing one we have.
    For us here the Jura has worked for the last 5 years or so pumping out about 2kg per week, for staff to use its a no brainer and results in a reasonably clean coffee environment.
    X series Jura are very robust. However after 5 years or 52,000 potential coffees (2 kg @ say 100 coffees /kg x 52 weeks x 5 years) if there has been little service then we would look at:

Service the brew unit;
    Service the grinders;
    Replace all o rings;
    etc.

The trouble for you is, where do you draw the line and call a machine (any machine) obsolete and replace it? *If it is (at this point) reliable and working well and you are all happy with it and what it does for you then you would probably err on the side of keeping it going. If on the other hand it was costing you money with repair after repair....or if an expensive computer board was to go, then you would consider replacement. *Only a conversation between you and your service provider can answer that for your individual situation.

Hope this helps.

Regardz,
    Attilio
    very first CS site sponsor.

Good morning!

There seems to be a it of thread drift here. A lot of talk about the commercial X series when the OP was asking about a domestic Z series. *Other posts suggest its intended for domestic use.

With regards to experience with the machine, mine comes from the use of the domestic S series in a domestic environment with fresh beans and max tweaking of the user adjustable options. *Granted, it was an earlier model to that currently available.

Quote Originally Posted by 7D495E48536478545D5D5E5E3B0 link=1247404244/5#5 date=1247526086
    just a different enterpretation of the subject
    Given the super autos are not designed to be a new and separate coffee style, but rather a best possible attempt to replicate what the general public recognise as espresso, I dont think its fair to give them such an out.

No offence taken!

Merely clarifying & elaborating upon my post. Though not in agreement in this instance, our combined posts provide balanced comment in true CS style :)

Saluti

If i had to have an auto machine the - Jura machines win rather easily.