Thread: Head to head review: Diadema Junior Extra vs Rocket Giotto PP vs Wega mini-nova

Head to head review: Diadema Junior Extra vs Rocket Giotto PP vs Wega mini-nova

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

I am looking to purchase my first espresso machine and was heading toward a giotto pp as my local CS sponsor advised that this is a popular and reliable machine but I dont want to ignore other options just because the giotto is popular.
    At almost the exact same price I could get a Diadema Junior Extra or a Wega Mininova. Im not yet a knowledgeable snob so can some regular posters hammer out a head to head comparison?
    Im ultimately looking to make mainly textured milk espresso beverages.

Cheers.

Caffeine Junky

Re: Head to head review: Diadema Junior Extra vs Rocket Giotto PP vs Wega mini-nova

Where are you located DrC? *I believe Talk Coffee in Melbourne carry all 3 of these machines. Chris is the man to talk to.

Apologies to any other sponsors who may also carry the same 3 machines.

EDIT - I think Jetblack in Sydney may also carry the 3

Re: Head to head review: Diadema Junior Extra vs Rocket Giotto PP vs Wega mini-nova

Hey Doc

My best advice is to go and test drive all the machines on offer

Including the VBM & Bezzera Range

Just like a car you know what you like or not like even though the all do the same thing.

An espresso machine is much the same its how they feel when making your coffee
    By feel I mean positions and shapes of knobs, leavers, switches, gauges, sounds they make ect

Go to Aromafest in Sydney if you are able do do so and play around

KK

I think drcoffee is in South Yarra Vic :)

The only thing i dont like about the Giotto is that it ships with an inverted double PF spout. It faces the machine so youll have to watch the pour from the side...

you can easily buy a new PF or rip the spout off and realign it if it bothers you :D

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

I know this is an older post but thought id just share what i did with my silvia and prolly intend on doing to my GPP in regards to this:

Quote Originally Posted by 193F2837306F5E0 link=1247790511/3#3 date=1247804536
    The only thing i dont like about the Giotto is that it ships with an inverted double group handle spout. It faces the machine so youll have to watch the pour from the side...

you can easily buy a new group handle or rip the spout off and realign it if it bothers you
    i removed the spout and wrapped enough plumbers tape around the thread to restrict its turn so it stays facing the other direction, and tight!

Agree with CJ and KK.... 8-)

These are all very capable machines and the only way to find out which will suit you best is to try them out. At this level though, a really good grinder is even more important since you WILL be able to determine differences in the cup to a very fine degree, if the grinder is up to the mark....

Mal.

Wega Mininova Classic Seeya_Latte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7066777B72727171140 link=1247790511/0#0 date=1247790511
    Wega dubious-download-place
    Dr,
    Youve got my attention, Im loooking for an upgrade too and Im not quite sure what you mean .... is there somewhere I shouldnt be looking ?
    SL

I had a laugh, im pretty sure its a word change made by the website, an auto filter, dont know what the model of Wega is supposed to be though........mal?

It must be the M1n1n0va (using numbers to represent letters in an attempt to not have it converted) as this would be both a Wega machine and a dubious download site.

dubious-download-place

edit; yep thats the one!

Wega Mininova Classic Seeya_Latte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5E5A7C6565607F6867090 link=1247790511/7#7 date=1253233960
    I had a laugh, im pretty sure its a word change made by the website, an auto filter
    Ah...now I get it.

As someone in the market looking for the upgrade into this level...including these machines, a head-head would be very useful (before I hit the pavement and do my own test drives with our lovely sponsors).

TC

have renamed the thread to overcome that problem ;)

2mcm