Thread: Problem: Barista Minore II - Runaway Steam Boiler - Help!

Problem: Barista Minore II - Runaway Steam Boiler - Help!

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All

I have a big problem with my BMII.

Recently my BMII died and I sent it in for a service. The repairs included a new steam boiler element.

On its return I got one nights use out of it before I had the next problem. The steam boiler would not shut down. The gauge just went hard to maximum pressure and (of course) I quickly shut it down.

When I rang the repairer he kindly drove around to my house and undertook some further repairs which included a new certified safety valve. However, he didnt have a suitable pressurestat.

Some days later I have sourced and fitted a new pressurestat as supplied by Expobar to no avail. Ive tried adjusting the pressurestat to low, medium and high. Unfortunately, it makes no differerence.

My service guy is now on holidays for 4 weeks (he did tell me he was going) and Im stuck with a faulty machine. I know hell fix it on his return but I dont want to wait. Equally, I dont want to find another repairer and pay again.

I would be most grateful for any tips or advice.

cheers,
    Rohan

Re: Problem: Barista Minore II - Runaway Steam Boiler - Help!

Hi Rohan,

Id use the email addresss to the left to email to all site sponsors, letting them know where you are and what the problem is. If youre in Sydney, Ive had a lot of luck with taking my machine into Di Bartoli when Ive had an issue and asking for help - any repairer should charge, but as youre not a professional and youve got a serious problem, Id look at not causing $XXX of damage to your machine through user error, and at least get a second opinion.

cheers,

J

Unfortunately, I live in Canberra and good repairers are scarce.

Ive previously replaced the boiler in my old Silvia and installed a PID so Im not unfamiliar with the insides of a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by 635E59505F310 link=1248088020/2#2 date=1248160697
    Unfortunately, I live in Canberra and good repairers are scarce.

Ive previously replaced the boiler in my old Silvia and installed a PID so Im not unfamiliar with the insides of a machine.
    CosmoreX Coffee are located in Canberra and a CS Site Sponsor to boot. Let them know youre a CS Member and details of the trouble youre experiencing....

Mal.

Re: Problem: Expobar Minore II - Runaway Steam Boiler - Help!

Its back from the repairman and with a new element.

I used the same repairman as Wired, in fact they were briefly on the same bench together.

Good as new!