Thread: Which one, hhhmmm, Help!

Which one, hhhmmm, Help!

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all

Time to get a real coffee machine, the Breville has to go.

But my brain is fried and my eyes are sore from reading all the different forums on so many considerations.

So biased opinion is welcome.

I think I have it down to three machines and maybe a little opinion can push me over the edge.

1. Unico Splendor
    2. Isomac Tea
    3. Bezzera BZ07

All similar machines ? at similar prices.

Does one stand out as an obvious choice?

This is a serious investment for us, so need to get it right.

Thanks

Chester and Amanda

Caffeine Junky

Re: Which one, hhhmmm, Help!

Nice problem youve got there, a bit like trying to decide between a BMW, Audi and a Lexus. Can you go wrong with any of them?

I dont have experience at this level of machine, but like the cars it comes down to personal choice and youd want to test drive them before purchasing.

Also, what about servicing? You may want to consider this for down the track. Who is near home and what machines do they service?

There are sponsors on the left who sell all 3 machines so Id say theyre your best source of advice.

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 4F435F41454F734F43595C40491E1E2C0 link=1248273976/0#0 date=1248273976
    1. Unico Splendor
    2. Isomac Tea
    3. Bezzera BZ07

All similar machines ? at similar prices
    Howdy Chester and Amanda,

Yes- similar in that they are all espresso machines but not similar ;)

NB- The Unico Splendor has been superseeded by the Diadema Regal (aka BFC Reale) which in my opinion is the no contest standout of those on your list- on build quality and performance. Its also the most expensive with a RRP identical to that of the Splendor maxi- $2550, but at a significantly higher build quality than the Splendor as well.

Hopefully you also have a grinder which will be up to the task :-?.

The Regal is sold by site sponsors CosmoreX, Talk Coffee and Jetblack.

Happy shopping...

2mcm

brett230873

I was in a similar predicament and chose the Splendor largely due its looks, profile and footprint. At this price point and quality of domestic machine all you need to do is choose the machine that resonates best with yours and your partnerís aesthetic appeal. Then be sympathetic to the idiosyncrasies of the individual machine so that you learn how to get the best espresso possible. What a wonderful journey...

You want to make sure it can be serviced locally. You dont want to be without a machine for a couple of weeks just for a repair.

I too had an almost identical final 3 list. *The only difference was instead of the Diadema Splendor, I went with the Diadema Junior plus semi auto (which is apparently very similar in build / internals).

The "issue", which lead me to go the Diadema Junior plus route - was that the Bezzera has a steam toggle switch, which meant I had to steam with one hand on the toggle - it just felt awkward to me.

Hereís a past discussion on the Bezzera: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1221550779

I couldnt really split the Tea and Junior on paper. *So I tried them both out (via sponsors). *I ended choosing the Junior over the Tea... simply because it felt better to use to me (but this is a personal preference). *I couldnt really discern any major differences between the shot or the steam performance at the time (I probably could now though with some experience under the belt).

The other deciding factor was the Diadema/sponsor shop was closer to my house and I felt as though I got a great deal form the salesperson.

Best of luck.
    Merr1

Well we would like to thank those for their advice and opinion.

We are now the proud owners of a Bezzera BZ07 which we purchased from Barazi, thanks Chris.

Why, well the small footprint of the machine and very clean lines was what got it over the line, then throw in easy access for servicing, a good price and it made a great coffee when we test drove it. (Well Chris did) And yes it has the updated steam control that locks on.

So now I need to learn how to use it, so much power I blew milk every where and had to spend the next hour claening the machine to be all shinny again OOOPPPSSS!!!!

Still trying to dial the Rocky in for the perfect grind to suit, then I have to get the Pullman to stop being heavy handed.

So much to learn!!!

Thanks again

Chester and Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by 2925392723291529253F3A262F78784A0 link=1248273976/6#6 date=1248784830
    We are now the proud owners of a Bezzera BZ07 which we purchased from Barazi, thanks Chris.
    Congratulations CC 22 and welcome to the Bezzera Club
    The BZ07 sure is a stunning machine

Quote Originally Posted by 2925392723291529253F3A262F78784A0 link=1248273976/6#6 date=1248784830
    So now I need to learn how to use it, so much power I blew milk every where and had to spend the next hour claening the machine to be all shinny again OOOPPPSSS!!!!
    But hey any excuse to polish the shine * ;)
    Try this method on post #1

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1220959662/36#top

Still trying to dial the Rocky in for the perfect grind to suit, then I have to get the Pullman to stop being heavy handed.

So much to learn!!!
    Thats to come with practice

KK