Thread: Need Commercial Machine for School training - Help???

Need Commercial Machine for School training - Help???

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Im a school teacher and out TAS dept are looking at a commercial machine with 2 or 3 heads in order to train kids as part of their hospitality courses at school. Being the CSer that I am, they came to me, although commercial machines are an area I know nothing about at all!!

Can anyone suggest a machine that would be suitable??

New is preferred (not sure if it will the budget) but 2nd hand is ok if theres a warranty or service options.

At this point the school is prepared to pay up to $3k

Ideas anyone??

TC

Re: Need Commercial Machine for School training - Help???

Quote Originally Posted by 4B60796A7D0F0 link=1248605728/0#0 date=1248605728
    Im a school teacher and out TAS dept are looking at a commercial machine with 2 or 3 heads in order to train kids as part of their hospitality courses at school. Being the CSer that I am, they came to me, although commercial machines are an area I know nothing about at all!!

Can anyone suggest a machine that would be suitable??

New is preferred (not sure if it will the budget) but 2nd hand is ok if theres a warranty or service options.

At this point the school is prepared to pay up to $3k

Ideas anyone??
    Hi Dover,

The reality...
    With 3k, you will need to look for a pre-loved machine and with that, bear the risk of purchasing a lemon.

Best bet is to look for a belly up cafe auction or perhaps approach a coffee company for a good refurb unit.

For a 2 group newie, even at the lower end of the price spectrum, youd probably need to pretty much double your budget.

The fairy tales which came true...
    Then again, there are many CSers who have taken the right tired old machines, applied elbow grease, sourced or manufactured replacement parts and then lovingly refurbished them. They have gorgeous 2 and 3 gp machines, working beautifully and at a fraction of replacement cost. You just have to be prepared to put in the time and ensure that you buy the right machine... (Of course your school will compensate you generously should you choose this pathway ::))...

Good luck ;)

2mcm

Re: Need Commercial Machine for School training - Help???

Quote Originally Posted by 673820363D363A3333303038343B550 link=1248605728/1#1 date=1248606103
    Best bet is to look for a belly up cafe auction
    Just like the 3 group Brasilia that Omaras auctioned last week.
    It went for about $2200.