Thread: Warped/uneven panel on Giotto Premium Plus group head

Warped/uneven panel on Giotto Premium Plus group head

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

Ive just bought a Rocket Giotto Premium Plus machine from a respected seller from Melbourne and have driven it out and set the machine up in Ballarat and have made a few decent shots, but then when cleaning the machine Ive discovered that the disc on the group head through which the hot water is expressed into the handle (i,e the bit where hot water comes out and then hits the tamped coffee) is warped and is not even.
    Im not sure what you call this part of the machine but Im concerned that it just doesnt look right.

The CS sponsor from whom Ive bought the machine is happy for me to take it back to him for a look but its a major endeavour for me to have to pack up the machine, take time off work and drive the machine back to melbourne for an inspection.

Are their any CS snobs on here who live in Ballarat and whod be willing to drop by to give me their opinion. If someone else agrees with me that it just doesnt look right Id feel validated in my concerns.

Cheers.

Re: Warped/uneven panel on Giotto Premium Plus group head

post a pic of the bit

i am thinking you mean the shower screen?

A_M

Re: Any fellow Giotto owners in Ballarat - I have a concern with my new machine

Quote Originally Posted by 3620313D34343737520 link=1249543879/0#0 date=1249543879
    Hi,

Ive just bought a Rocket Giotto Premium Plus machine from a respected seller from Melbourne and have driven it out and set the machine up in Ballarat and have made a few decent shots, but then when cleaning the machine Ive discovered that the disc on the group head through which the hot water is expressed into the handle (i,e the bit where hot water comes out and then hits the tamped coffee) is warped and is not even.
    Im not sure what you call this part of the machine but Im concerned that it just doesnt look right.

The CS sponsor from whom Ive bought the machine is happy for me to take it back to him for a look but its a major endeavour for me to have to pack up the machine, take time off work and drive the machine back to melbourne for an inspection.

Are their any CS snobs on here who live in Ballarat and whod be willing to drop by to give me their opinion. If someone else agrees with me that it just doesnt look right Id feel validated in my concerns.

Cheers.
    Sounds like teh shower screen...

If it is what I think it is https://www.dibartoli.com.au/product...ls.asp?pid=322

I am sure that they can be removed for cleaning etc with out too much of a problem...

It may just need to be re seated or it may have an issue. Then you could take a picture and post... *

I am sure other owners / users will be able to offer more detailed advice as to the removal and replacement of said shower screen.. User Manual perhaps ?

Just depends on when they log on...

TC

Re: Any fellow Giotto owners in Ballarat - I have a concern with my new machine

Hi all,

Firstly, let me declare our commercial interest. The Doc purchased from us and this is his 1st machine.

Doc- Yes- it does sound like the shower screen I think...

Shower screens are consumables and are very easily bent with a single over dose. If you had to force the handle to engage just once, I am afraid that the damage was caused by "the nut on the group handle" as we often joke *;). Coffee varies from day to day as will dose...

It can be easily removed and replaced or panel beaten, but it is a consumable and can only be bent by coffee. Now given that the machine was thoroughly checked on the bench test and only one user has made coffee... :-?

Fortunately, theyre cheap...Meanwhile, you should see what I have done to some of mine!! *;D

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 3325343831313232570 link=1249543838/0#0 date=1249543838
    is warped and is not even
    Uhm, if the screen doesnt appear to be dead flat, but rather, somewhat convex, then that would be normal.

drcoffee,
    Sounds like the shower screen you are talking about.
    I have a Giotto and my shower screen doesnt sit totally flat, it becomes convex and will flex when i clean it with a cloth etc,

I thought this to be normal, i change mine every 8 months or so and i dont think it makes any difference to the tast of a shot.

i cant speak for other giotto owners bit when i replace the shower screen it has a similar overall look and feel except for the convex shape, i guess putting it under pressure when locking in the PF will do that, especially given it is made of thin metal.

I dont think you have anything to worry about other than making great shots from the machine.

Mal

Yep I agree over packing the basket and squished the screen

Find the tamp depth level for the machine Doc it should be about 8 to 10 mm
    KK

Thanks for the responses. Im relieved that its only a cheap, consummable part thats damaged. Im a newbie to high end espresso machines and was freaking out that a critical part of a new machine was damaged.
    Oh and I never intended to disparage the sponsor who sold me the machine. Hes been great and very helpful throughout. Its just frustrating to be out in country victoria (Ballarat) without easy access to help/consultation. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by 6C7A6B676E6E6D6D080 link=1249543838/7#7 date=1249599631
    Its just frustrating to be out in country victoria (Ballarat) without easy access to help/consultation. Cheers.
    Its good to see CS to the rescue, the only other option would be to move Ballarat closer to Melbourne or start up a franchise outlet of the sponsor and become the expert! ;D

I take it this is a case of "problem solved"? If not, see my PM.

shaun