Thread: Help with hot BZ99

Help with hot BZ99

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I am appealing to the accumulated knowledge of the coffee snobs to help me with my approx. 15 yr. old Bezzera BZ99, it has of late been turning off the water to the shower screen when it gets hot. The machine appears to heat up too much so when I press the green button to do a cooling flush no hot water come thru, nothing happens till I turn it off and allow it to cool down. then while cooler I can make my coffee. My question is does the machine have a thermostat and if so where is it and how do you adjust it, any help will be greatly appreciated.

A_M

Re: Help with hot BZ99

Quote Originally Posted by 504154524F15200 link=1249545058/0#0 date=1249545058
    I am appealing to the accumulated knowledge of the coffee snobs to help me with my approx. 15 yr. old Bezzera BZ99, it has of late been turning off the water to the shower screen when it gets hot. The machine appears to heat up too much so when I press the green button to do a cooling flush no hot water come thru, nothing happens till I turn it off and allow it to cool down. then while cooler I can make my coffee. My question is does the machine have a thermostat and if so where is it and how do you adjust it, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Contact the sponsor ... The one over there to the left.... Barazi Bezzera Coffee Machines and find out where the nearest recommended service agent is..

You post indicates a lack of technical knowledge and if the unit is that old etc, then it needs to be looked at by a technician.. Further more, there are some dangerious voltages in the area that needs looking at and it is safer for all to have a experienced person inspect and look / fix teh problem.

If I have miss judged your experience.. I apologise...

Took AMs advice and went to Di Bartoli, I explained the symptoms to Renzo who said leave it and he will fix it, I guess its always best to leave these things to the experts.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 58495C5A471D280 link=1249545058/2#2 date=1250146529
    Took AMs advice and went to Di Bartoli, I explained the symptoms to Renzo who said leave it and he will fix it, I guess its always best to leave these things to the experts.
    Not always.. There are experts and EXPERTS ;)

But in most cases teh sponsors; have a Name to manage and are in the industry for many good reasons..

While we all know that $$$ makes teh world go round / down :(

Most of the good guys become involved because of their passion in a field... Not to make a quick Mil. But it would be nice ;)

Have picked the machine up from Renzo and it works perfectly, they serviced it, replaced the seals as required, checked the pump pressure, replaced the anti vacuum valve with an updated one(it was gone), checked for scale and smell, and regreased the water and steam taps, and as luck would have it the main board is still in good nick, great service from from a site sponsor and highly recommended by me for all your service needs. Thanks Renzo regards Alex

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 58495C5A471D280 link=1249545058/4#4 date=1250407752
    Have picked the machine up from Renzo and it works perfectly, they serviced it, replaced the seals as required, checked the pump pressure, replaced the anti vacuum valve with an updated one(it was gone), checked for scale and smell, and regreased the water and steam taps, and as luck would have it the main board is still in good nick, great service from from a site sponsor and highly recommended by me for all your service needs. Thanks Renzo regards Alex
    Good to see ya happy and have a level of trust in your unit and the Sponsor - Some times ya can be lucky and get a good one ;D :D ;) :-* (only kidding... Have not met a bad sponsor yet)

Now ya can move on and start using and enjoying 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by 332237312C76430 link=1249545058/2#2 date=1250146529

Coffee Machine service is no different to a Vehicle service if you dont know what you are doing its often cheaper and quicker to have a specialized technician to carry out the work

Brings up a situation when I said just that (have it checked out) to a family member about the family car
    No was the answer I will get the neighbour to have a look at it
    Wrong strategy as 1 week later the main crank oil seal blew and fried the engine

So are you happy you serviced it when you did for little cost before it progressed to something major.

Great stuff
    Now go and enjoy great coffee again * :D

KK

Excellent outcome "patro5".... :)

And kudos to Di Bartoli for looking after a CSer 8-)

Mal.