Thread: Question about drawing water now that I have replaced the in tank water softner

Question about drawing water now that I have replaced the in tank water softner

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

I thought I would pose this question here as it may be relevant to others who wish to do the same with machines in our price range.

My expobar still draws water from the tank and is not plumbed in. however I have removed the in tank water softener that was connected to the end of the feed hose to the pump. (The ones you need to recharge with saline)

I have done this as I purchased a proper scale reducing filter from Bombora and plumbed it in line with my drinking water tap that I use to fill my Expobars tank. So that the water now runs through the under sink twin drinking water filters and then through the Bombora coffee machine filter and up to the tap.

This is all well and good and I am now happy that I am doing the best job of reducing scale in my machine that I can.

Anyway, I now have an issue in that because there is no weight on end of the hose now, it tends to float and I am worried it might suck in air.

Has anyone else done this and what can I use to weight it down so that it sits near the bottom of the tank again? I have cut the end on a angle so that it wont suction itself to the walls of the tank.

Cheers,

Dean

Re: Question about drawing water now that I have replaced the in tank water softner

Make an extension to the intake using 1/4 inch tubing--either leftovers from the filter installation, or a new purchase. Or a bit of brass tubing, or use the in-tank filter without the resin beads, or just dont recharge it.

Greg

Re: Question about drawing water now that I have replaced the in tank water softner

Quote Originally Posted by 013423211129342B272A22460 link=1251108843/1#1 date=1251116792
    or just dont recharge it.

Greg
    Thats all Ive done.... ;)

Mal.