Thread: I want to get my rancilio serviced.

I want to get my rancilio serviced.

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all. Does anyone know of anyone near or in the Reservoir area that does general servicing of Rancilio machines? I think my machine needs ti be flushed as the water is coming out a bit dirty from the hot water spout so I would assume the same dirty water will be coming out with each shot aswell. Would also be great if someone does insite work just to see if my grinder settings are as good as can be. Not much of a baritsta but definatlety enjoy a quality coffee.
    Thanks in advance

david

TC

Re: I want to get my rancilio serviced.

Quote Originally Posted by 53585A525855090C390 link=1251635104/0#0 date=1251635104
    Hi all. Does anyone know of anyone near or in the Reservoir area that does general servicing of Rancilio machines? I think my machine needs ti be flushed as the water is coming out a bit dirty from the hot water spout so I would assume the same dirty water will be coming out with each shot aswell. *Would also be great if someone does insite work just to see if my grinder settings are as good as can be. Not much of a baritsta but definatlety enjoy a quality coffee.
    Thanks in advance

david
    Hi David,

Older Rancilio machines were most likely imported by Mocopan. The current importer of Rancilio is Grinders.

Hopefully you will have some success with one of the two companies ;)

Good luck!

2mcm

have you tried descaling it?
    if youve got dirty water from the water / steam wand it sounds like you could have scale

do you backflush by any chance?
    Rancilio recommend to not do it but its general consensus that its safe when done with great care, while youre at it if you havnt, pull off the shower screen and give the group a decent clean

you might wanna try the contact all site sponsors, sure one of them would be able to help you out

Thanks guys for the input, My machine is the Epoca S1 Tank which is ok to backflush which I do every 3 weeks or so. As for descaling I have not done that at all, dont really know where to start or what I need to descale it. Ive attached an image of the machine. In the service manual it says I can empty the boiler which I was going to do thinking there may be some sort of gunk on the bottom but it also states that this process needs to be carried out by a qualified technichian. I am quite a hands on guy but dont want to cause any damage either........

Can anyone give a quick rundown on how to descale a machine??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 464D4F474D401C192C0 link=1251635105/0#0 date=1251635104
    I think my machine needs ti be flushed as the water is coming out a bit dirty from the hot water spout so I would assume the same dirty water will be coming out with each shot aswell. *
    Assuming the internals are near enough to my S24, the water coming out of the group head comes from the water tank via the heat exchanger, and therefore never enters the boiler itself. *Of course, the heat exchanger itself may have scale, but I am none the wiser about how to descale the HX.