Thread: Expobar Leva - tube from OPV possible confusion

Expobar Leva - tube from OPV possible confusion

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Stepping back a little - over the last few days I noticed a pool of water forming under my Expobar. In retrospect it started after I changed to a single filter cup from using a double basket when my better half decided she only wanted decaf. Anyway, I didnt make my grind coarser and had one or two failed extractions where I barely got anything through the basket.

So, yesterday morning I opened the unit up and found a tube lying on the bottom of the units floor that was not terminated anywhere and was leaking water (it was coming from the OPV three way connection). I surmised that my previous failed baskets had created too much pressure, which had resulted in this connection blowing off whatever it connected to. I looked around and saw that the little fitting below the group head that allows excess water from the OPV (apparently this water doesnt go back to the reservior like other machines (I think).

I attached the tubing to the back of the little drip thing below the group head. Now when I use the machine when I make a coffee this little spout drips/pours quiet freely until greater pressure is obtained from the group head then stops.

I just wanted to know if this is normal as I never noticed such amount of water coming from the "drip thingy" into my drip tray before.

Any help appreciated.

Justin

Re: Expobar Leva - tube from OPV possible confusion

Hi Justin,

Not sure if this will help but it is a picture from my how to install a gauge in an Expobar Office Control thread, The internals should be similar and it shows where the tubes connect. Ignore the red circle but I hope you can figure it out with the pic.

Barrel, thanks for the pic. I will open up and check

Barrel, I have had a look. But, could you tell me where the left tube you have showing is going? I mean the tube that extends from the left of the t-joint where you have a 3 tubes connecting. If you follow the left tube (near a red rectangle on your picture), I have this going to the drip tray. Is that correct?

I am not at home at the moment mate, but I will pull the cover off and check tomorrow for you. I thought that it was the return line to the water tank though.

Have a look at the thread below, in one of the pics taken from the top of the machine, you can see it going towards the rear of the machine

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1247646506/20#20

I have attached an image of my plumbing. I hope my image works. As you can see the tube runs around the rear of the insides but was sitting not attached to anything near the front. So, I just assumed it should go to the drip tray - just a guess :-/

How many tubes to you have going into your water tank? There should be 2.

You got it! you are right - it should be going back to the tank. Brilliant!
    thanks barrel - problem solved.

Glad I could help mate, pop a couple of cable ties around the 2 tubes to keep them together from now on. :)

Quote Originally Posted by 76494F485552783C0 link=1252199960/7#7 date=1252233989
    You got it! you are right - it should be going back to the tank. Brilliant!
    thanks barrel - problem solved.
    So now you dont have anything going to your drip tray spout? I opened mine up tonight and noticed that nothing was connected to the drip tray spout either, was wondering if this is correct and that the spout is now redundent..

Yes - nothing attached to the spout. There is a review of the machine on http://www.bellabarista.co.uk/pdf/Ex...oserlookv2.pdf that talks about the dripping from the spout and Expobar needs to get its act together (when it was connected). Well, I think they did, and the review was done some years ago. Now its just a nice little spout that does nothing, I guess.
    I mistakenly read this review thinking something needed to be attached when I had the water leak.