Thread: Isomac tea and Mazzer mini

Isomac tea and Mazzer mini

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

I am extreemly excited at the possibility of soon owning a proffessional consumer espresso machine and grinder!!

I love my coffee and every part of making it. :D

I currently own a sunbeam em4800 (YOU WHAT!!! OMG :o) and a sunbeam 0480. I only use freshly ground beans from the local roaster and love the smell of the house after making a coffee.

My wife and I are planning to move in about 5-7 years and would then like to get a full coffee station together. But untill then I was thinking of the Isomac tea 2 and mazzer mini manual.

I have done lots of research on machines as well as completing a barista course. What i want is a machine that will handle 2-4 milky drinks (mainly cappas and mochas). I would also like two gauges on the machine.

The tea seems to suit all my needs (am hoping to pop round to one of the site sponcers and try it out too. Somewhere in sydney) but I have heard of a problem with the stainless steel boiler.

Any feedback will be appriciated.

I know i have not posted much but look forward to helping others out once a gain a little more expierence.

Thanks in advanced

John

Re: Isomac tea and Mazzer mini

Stainless steel isnt a problem provided you have a filter that is able to get rid of the chlorine in the water (chlorine and SS dont mix - *:P well they do that is the problem *;D). Just talk to the site sponsor about it when you try out the machine.

Gra

Hi mongle

And welcome to CS... I have a Isomac Tea paired to my Compac K3.

I Have had the Tea for only 5 weeks but I am very happy with the machine and what it can produce in the cup..

The Tea is very easy to master and to make great micro foam for you Latte art. :)

The only reports on the stainless boiler that I have read have mentioned What great quality it was,I would be interested in hearing what problems you have heard of... :o

Cheers Gra..

Gra

Quote Originally Posted by 0A2635332E262B180A28292C223E470 link=1252993375/1#1 date=1253000812
    Stainless steel isnt a problem provided you have a filter that is able to get rid of the chlorine in the water (chlorine and SS dont mix -Tongue well they do that is the problemGrin). Just talk to the site sponsor about it when you try out the machine.
    That was fast.....Cheers

and...

Quote Originally Posted by 5A4F4F5C505E5A565D5C50350 link=1244880931/46#46 date=1246537843
    Guys, as an engineer, Stainless Steels are some of the most corrosion resistant materials avaialble. However, even small parts of chlorine are known to cause havoc- elevated temperatures above as low as 50 deg C (I am not 100% sure, its been 2 decades since Uni) just make it worse. So Stainless is OK, but get rid of the chlorine or face the music!!

Wow
    Thanks everyone for the responces. :)

Hey gra. I saw your other post when you just got your machine and saw the pics. Looks great. How is the compak k3?

This confirms what I have heard. After some more research I found out you can get rid of chlorine by letting the tap water sit on the bench/in the fridge uncovered for 24 hours or boil it on a stove top. This was found out merely by a google search and I think i remember seeing it somewhere in these posts too. Can any one who knows about these things validate this?? :-/Sponcers??

Gra

Quote Originally Posted by 23212029222B4E0 link=1252993375/5#5 date=1253003924
    Hey gra. I saw your other post when you just got your machine and saw the pics. Looks great. How is the compak k3?
    The K3 is a great grinder as far as *I am concerned and I have no urge
    to upgrade... so it must be doing its Job..::) *

Cheers Gra..

Quote Originally Posted by 2426272E252C490 link=1252993375/5#5 date=1253003924
    After some more research I found out you can get rid of chlorine by letting the tap water sit on the bench/in the fridge uncovered for 24 hours or boil it on a stove top.
    Welcome mongle....

No need to boil the water mate, just fill a clear plastic bottle or three with tap water and allow to sit in the sun next to a window for 2-3 hours with the bottle caps off. Also quite acceptable to fill a (clean) bucket and allow this to sit for a few hours in a bright position but where its not likely to be contaminated or consumed by others (dogs, cats, eastern rosellas ::)).

You could also buy a small bottle of water conditioner such as that used for tropical fish aquariums and dose accordingly. If your local authority uses Chloramine as opposed to Chlorine though, I think youll need to run the water through an activated carbon filter or use a water conditioning agent that is suitable for Chloramine, given that it is much more persistent than Chlorine.

Best advice though, is to talk to Bernard or one of the helpful staff at Bombora and they will steer you straight. All the best :)

Mal.

Thanks Mal,

I was looking at the bombora filters that chris refrenced to in a different thread.

It looks to be the most effective way. I guess I could just attach it to the least used tap in the house and fill from there. That way I would get the full years use out of it. ;)

I also guess it is a good product to install regardless what coffee machine you have.

Thank you all once again for your input. This, I think, has made me look harder at machine choices againi. I have a rather big exam/test in late setptember and plan to buy after that. As is site rules I will be sure to write back and post pictures. ;D