Thread: Isomac Tea II and VBM Junior

Isomac Tea II and VBM Junior

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Heys Everyone, found this forum quite exciting, looks like got a lot of activity going on...

hope anyone can assist me with the dilemna I am facing with either purchasing a VBM Junior or Isomac Tea II, anyone has any experience with either of the machines?

Any recommendations?

Re: Isomac Tea II and VBM Junior

Welcome!

First thing you should do is tell us what your requirements are and why youve settled on those two machines.

Greg

Caffeine Junky

Best advice I can give you is to contact one of the following (or all 3):

Di Bartoli
    Jetblack
    Coffee Parts

All of these sponsors sell both machines and Im sure will be happy to discuss which would suit you best.

thanks...

well first of all i love milk based espresso in general....

as for myself, i will be drinking 1-2 cups of lattes per day, of course mocha with caramel will be my usuals...over the weekend definitely have my friends over for some coffees, so guessing over the weekend will be around 5-10 cups of coffeess...

ive been reading quite a few from the internet, and so far these 2 machines are the one that fits my budget well, although i plan to go for isomac tea as the price is cheaper but then again not sure if the extra dollars for junior is justifiable...

i mean if the isomac tea quality is good enough, then i may just go for it..but the junior makes me think that it will be much more durable in a way?

Caffeine Junky

Do you have a grinder yet or are you planning to buy one?

Ye Ive got a grinder in mine, ill stick with Mazzer mini For now.. =]

anyone thinks Tea is sufficient? or better go with the Junior for better value?

Caffeine Junky

Where are you located? Have you seen either machine in the flesh?
    If youre lucky enough to leave anywhere near one of the sponsors mentioned above Id be visiting them. Both are very capable machines and its unlikely youd be disappointed with either.

Live in Sydney, looks like all the sponsors above are all reachable...

ill definitely visit them, but thought it will be much valuable that anyone who have use them before may share some of their experiences with the machines.. =]

I beg to differ. *I think the VBM is superior and still to be convinced otherwise.

Would be interested to read a definitive response to the question raised in the following thread...

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1253783919/18#18

Den ( Cuppacoffee )

As someone who has recently bought a new VBM junior to replace an isomac rituale (same internals as tea) ill give a few observations.Both produce pretty similar quality shots, i found the milk steaming slow on the isomac.The stainless casing on the isomac was alot thicker and felt sturdier, however the internal layout of the isomac was not so good.It looked kinda like theyd just opened the top, poured the components in, then connected them up, on the contrary i find the VBM internal layout and workmanship superb.The VBM uses a smaller case, but fits in a bigger boiler, dual guages and still looks alot more organised, with space to spare.When i first opened the VBM i thought theyd missed something out, theres so much room in there, but its just because of the better layout.Also the VBM has a thermosyphon restrictor, which helps the group run cooler to allow shorter flushes.
    Definately try both out if you can,especially the steaming on the isomac.

Thanks kofekitt, ur experience definitely helps alot.

From the sound of it, for the steam power, Im guessing the VBM will be intimidating at first or for beginners since it is less power than Isomac.

But that should be alright I suppose....

ye...will definitely try these to out..but so far...i think i may go ahead with the VBM Junior...stretching my budget a bit...well not really a bit, since my initial desire is just for a rocky silvia and now ended up with VBM Junior haha... =]

Caffeine Junky

Dont want to confuse you more but have you considered other machines in that price range?

e.g. Bezzera BZ07P or Expobar Office Leva

Jetblack & Coffee Parts list all 4 on their website.

the bezzera and expobar looks good, but after weeks of thinking, i think ill still stick to either VBM Junior or Isomac Tea...but as far as I am convinced.... VBM Junior so far looking good... =]

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 0F0D010A0310030F070E03161607620 link=1254457550/10#10 date=1254467587
    From the sound of it, for the steam power, Im guessing the VBM will be intimidating at first or for beginners since it is less power than Isomac.
    Not sure what you mean by that mocha..

I had a day hands on withthe Junior at Aromafest and it is by no means intimidating. A whole heap of respected CSers will fill you in on how good the shots were from it. Milk texture performance was excellent and the machine coped comfortably.

FYI all there will be a delay before the VBM DOmobar Junor is available to the Australian market. Stocks arrived in Australia this week but they were not manufactured as per importer requests and have been rejected. New machines are being maufactured and will then be air-freighted...Might be a month or so *:-/

coolie doolie,...gonna try to visit the shops listed above, see if i can get my hands on them and try it out....

can wait to get either one of them ....

thanks guyss.....

Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 0D2C2727203A490 link=1254457550/8#8 date=1254463254
    Would be interested to read a definitive response to the question raised in the following thread...

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1253783919/18#18

Den ( Cuppacoffee )
    Asked and answered,

charlie

Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 51505A495752483B0 link=1254457550/2#2 date=1254459525
    Best advice I can give you is to contact one of the following (or all 3):

Di Bartoli
    Jetblack
    Coffee Parts

All of these sponsors sell both machines and Im sure will be happy to discuss which would suit you best.

Coffee Junky, thank you for mentioning us. Aat the present we have a TEA, BZ07 and VBM Junior on the bench ready for anyone in Sydney to try.

Regards

Renzo
    Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre