Thread: Chrome peeling on Rocket Giotto

Chrome peeling on Rocket Giotto

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has noticed any chrome peeling on the Giotto? Just received mine today (demo machine) and was wiping down with microfibre cloth only to have a piece of chrome come off. Ive read this happens on the Silvia but didnt realise this would happen on the higher end machines.

Chris

Re: Chrome peeling on Rocket Giotto

Quote Originally Posted by 333C263D0A373A2C626C550 link=1255441930/0#0 date=1255441930
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has noticed any chrome peeling on the Giotto? Just received mine today (demo machine) and was wiping down with microfibre cloth only to have a piece of chrome come off. Ive read this happens on the Silvia but didnt realise this would happen on the higher end machines.

Chris
    Welcome Chris.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Have you contacted the vendor about this issue at all? If its one of our Site Sponsors I would be surprised if they werent a little concerned by this.... :-?

Mal.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 4E415B40774A47511F11280 link=1255441930/0#0 date=1255441930
    Hi guys,

Chris
    As per Mal... I would take the issue back to teh supplier in teh first instance...

If a Sponsor, I am sure that they will be interested as it could be a one off or a batch problem..

QUALITY... If they do not know, then they can not resolve it for you or others..

Secondly, just like any system... The best way to get it resolved is to take it to the supplier before posting... That way no one gets a bad name by mistake and when you do post... You will have an outcome and that is what most of us are interested in... Not the complaint... But if it was responded to and the problem fixed...

Note: Customers are not always right... But the Sponsors do try their best to support their products.. If given teh chance..

Even Andy ;D :D :o 8-) :-* :-* :-*

Hi guys,

Yup Ive emailed sponsor with some pics of the peeling so hopefully get a resolution soon. Wasnt trying to blame anyone, the sponsor has been great to deal with and I will continue buying from him. I was just seeing if this peeling was a common issue with Giotto. Just annoyed there are blemishes with such a beautiful machine.

Chris

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 7D726873447974622C221B0 link=1255441930/3#3 date=1255443921
    Hi guys,

Yup Ive emailed sponsor with some pics of the peeling so hopefully get a resolution soon. Wasnt trying to blame anyone, the sponsor has been great to deal with and I will continue buying from him. I was just seeing if this peeling was a common issue with Giotto. Just annoyed there are blemishes with such a beautiful machine.

Chris
    Chrome is a pain at the best of time.. A slight blemish in prep and it can look OK, but fall off just when you least expect it.

When I first saw teh post... I thoght..

OH NO not another Sunbeam and chrome off teh group collar.. For Gawd sake... Why wont people use the search function..

Then I saw that I had miss read the topic...

Must be getting late... Time for another triple shot.. 22g in 20 seconds.. Strong flavours, but still lets ya sleep when ya use it to wash down another little blue pill... Goodnight Night Wife :-* :P

Yes I will admit being the patiently waiting soon to be owner of the said machine, that is a scary thread title..... :)

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 41535F505D000202320 link=1255441930/5#5 date=1255468856
    Yes I will admit being the patiently waiting soon to be owner of the said machine, that is a scary thread title..... *:)
    I wouldnt worry too much. Its why you get a warranty ;)

We sold the machine to fish_boy and it will be attended to as quickly as we can. Weirdly, there was nothing visible on bench test. Perhaps it somehow occurred in transit?

Its the first time I have seen this problem in hundreds of machines, so at this stage, Id say its very likely a one off.

Chris

thanks Chris youre a champ!