Thread: Upgrading to a rotary pump

Upgrading to a rotary pump

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Has anyone upgraded the vibration pump on the VBM Super to a rotary pump or know if this is possible? Does the rotary pump still work with the water reservoir or does it require plumbing in? The noise of the 6am switch on is waking my 1 yo too early unfortunately!

TC

Re: Upgrading to a rotary pump

Quote Originally Posted by 787E6D7D7E787A1F0 link=1255665970/0#0 date=1255665970
    Has anyone upgraded the vibration pump on the VBM Super to a rotary pump or know if this is possible? Does the rotary pump still work with the water reservoir or does it require plumbing in? The noise of the 6am switch on is waking my 1 yo too early unfortunately!
    No so far garbage,

I have seen a rotary pump in an ECA prototype, but the tank has to go.

If your machine is loud, its abnormal.

If youd like to give me a ring, I can offer a few tips to make it quiet.

Chris

Ive got the wooden clothes peg fix in there already. Might have to take another look that it hasnt vibrated itself out. If Im not mistaken, it certainly is louder than it was in the past.

The wooden clothes line thing made mine even more noisy - it kinda flexes the cover and I think made it touch on the machine elsewhere. You can also get a bit of vibration from the guages and the cup tray too - I have a bit of foam tap under the lip on the cup tray where it pushes against the cover at the back, and make sure the dials are held there well, I think you can tighten them by turning the rings on the outside of them.

Still doesnt get rid of all excess vibration though, I can hold everything on mine still and rigid as I can so have no extra vibration (which adds a lot of noise) and its still pretty noisy, its just part of the design of a vibe pump. Mine would probably wake me up if it was on a timer like that, even with everything cushioned. I just switch it on before I hit the sack and let it heat up overnight.

Id love to have a plumbed in machine. I rent though, and have never had one of those landlords that let you do cool stuff to their house, like cut holes in benchtops for plumbing :p