Thread: Help please

Help please

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello all
    Thanks in advance for any assistance on this.
    I am sick to death of not getting good results from my Breville Espresso machine. Basically it wont even put a domestic espresso machine grind through successfully and the coffee often finishes up very bitter (too slow).
    I was recently at a friends home and he had Vibiemme Domobar Super Lever stainless steel espresso machine and a smart looking machine it looked.
    He claimed it to be about the best domestic machine on the market but unfortunately I didnt get the opportunity to sample its wares.
    Looking around at prices I note that it retails for over $3000 and I didnt want to part with that many $s if there are better value machines on the market.
    The nature of my business is such that I have little time to investigate all options and when I found this site I was extremely hopeful some kind soul would advise me.
    Should the machine I buy turn out to be as good as I hope, I could buy as many as nine of these eventually to replace the (crappy) automatic Jura espresso machines that I paid $4,500 for some time ago. (too much maintenance that didnt get done well enough).
    Thanks again
    TL :)

Re: Help please

Bezzera BZ99 comes as manual and semi auto
    Bezzera BZ07 comes as manual and semi auto

Diadema junior range with manual & semi auto

Expobar Office Semi-auto or the manual model

What is your budget + add extra for a good grinder (its more important than you think)

KK

Site Sponsor

Hi TL,

Low $2Ks will get you into a good heat exchanger machine such as:
    Expobar Office Leva
    Isomac Tea
    Bezzera BZ07

There is now a "middle weight" contender that wasnt available when your friend bought the Super Lever - the Vibiemme Domobar Junior.

Combine any of these with a good grinder, and the Breville era will be well and truly behind you.

A number of sponsors sell this calibre of espresso machine/grinder and you mayl also be able to "sample the wares".

Happy to help if we can,

charlie

Quote Originally Posted by 103F2E18363B3931193B3C3F5A0 link=1255851775/2#2 date=1255853741
    Combine any of these with a good grinder
    Cant emphasise this enough.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 013D203B313027323A31550 link=1255851775/3#3 date=1255853912
    Quote Originally Posted by 103F2E18363B3931193B3C3F5A0 link=1255851775/2#2 date=1255853741
    Combine any of these with a good grinder
    Cant emphasise this enough.
    You forgot one other important factor....

GOOD BEANS... Fresh Beans, more to the point.

Supermarket and many others are not OK and regardless of your equipment you can not make Great coffee from old stale beans... Err well some try and then mask it with syrups and or turn it into INSTANT ;D

Welcome TL.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

About the best advice I could offer you, is to arrange a visit with one of our Site Sponsors (listed on the L/H side of the page) close to your local area. You can then have a hands-on demo with a range of machines, including a decent grinder, and thereafter establish a business relationship to facilitate future bulk orders, if thats the way it goes.

Youd be assured of excellent service and support not only at the time of purchase but for many years thereafter as well... One of the many benefits of being a CoffeeSnobs member. All the best mate :)

Mal.

Hello all,
    Thanks for being so responsive. My budget is probably around the $2000 mark but if there were good reasons to spend more Id do it.

As mentioned in my initial post, I was quite excited by the Vibiemme Domobar Super Lever but it seems to be priced at over $3000. Are they good machines and worth the money or are there better value around?

Would the Domobar Junior be a better choice and save almost a grand?

Its hard when one doesnt even understand the most fundamental requirements for a good coffee maker.

On e of the site sponsors mentioned 3 other options... would they all be OK.

I dont really have time to experiment with machines unfortunately, I simply want to choose a very good unit and buy them.

What is the minimum needed to spend on a first class grinder?

Thanks again
    T

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 2E353423363F2D33295A0 link=1255851775/6#6 date=1255944904
    Hello all,
    Thanks for being so responsive. My budget is probably around the $2000 mark but if there were good reasons to spend more Id do it.

As mentioned in my initial post, I was quite excited by the Vibiemme Domobar Super Lever but it seems to be priced at over $3000. Are they good machines and worth the money or are there better value around?

Would the Domobar Junior be a better choice and save almost a grand?

Its hard when one doesnt even understand the most fundamental requirements for a good coffee maker.

On e of the site sponsors mentioned 3 other options... would they all be OK.

I dont really have time to experiment with machines unfortunately, I simply want to choose a very good unit and buy them.

What is the minimum needed to spend on a first class grinder?

Thanks again
    T

If you are new and do not have a fair understanding... Then you will need to get pass the issue of "time to experiment "...

In addition with the following comment..

Quote Originally Posted by 2E353423363F2D33295A0 link=1255851775/0#0 date=1255851775
    I could buy as many as nine of these eventually
    I can only suggest you identify your location and contact the Sponsor /s again..

It is far better to spend some quality time and take some care; rather than being in the same position, as you indicated that you have been in previously.

Further more, until you sort out the machine and your expected usage.. The grinder that is best suited, can not realy be identified... In general the best you can get and approx $600 is a base level and you can look up from there... Reliability and through put being the two big pluses. *Cheep units available.. But it comes down to what your want to do...

Further more, with 9 as a possible outcome... Then a sponsor may be able to offer other more suitable options ... Combo units for eg.

Outline all you needs and wants and include you future plans and email sitesponsors@coffeesnobs.com.au..

One or more are sure to respond.

AM

Nectar OTGs if your a busy man in business and life you might also have some more thinking to do.

If you want to "leave it on" and not have to worry about filling with filtered water (from what source?) emptying drip / drain trays

Well you might want to consider a fully plumbed in, with inline water / scale filters. Some sort of small commercial volumetric HX (Heat Exchanger) machine?

Dont get stung again, buy what best suits your needs :) plenty of sponsors will point you in the best direction.

i love my fully plumbed commercial HX machine in the house, and i am not that busy :) thought you might want to consider the option.

Leeham

Hi agai and thanks again
    Im in Noosa Heads on the Sunshine Coast QLD.
    Are there any good Sponsors (suppliers) on the Sunny Coast?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 140F0E190C05170913600 link=1255851775/9#9 date=1255992000
    Hi agai and thanks again
    Im in Noosa Heads on the Sunshine Coast QLD.
    Are there any good Sponsors (suppliers) on the Sunny Coast?
    Thanks
    Pioneer Coffee Roastery
    Yandina
    Phone: 1300 366 132

Thanks Olsmokey Ill check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by 607B7A6D7871637D67140 link=1255851775/11#11 date=1256005967
    Thanks Olsmokey
    Psst..its Koffee Kosmo (usually referred to as KK). "OlSmokey" is a CS status assignedaccording to how many posts youve made or whether you are a moderator, sponsor, admin or something else. Im an Olsmokey too. You could be a Newbie, Roastabit, Roastalot or (in one case) "Sleep is overrated"

Hello all again,
    Thanks to everyone that helped with information. I have settled on the Vibiemme Domobar Super and a Mazzer Mini grinder. They both should arrive next week. Im looking forward to putting them through their paces to assess the possibility of using them in a lower volume commercial situation.
    Thanks again
    ::)

Quote Originally Posted by 3922233421283A243E4D0 link=1255851775/13#13 date=1256358781
    I have settled on the Vibiemme Domobar Super
    How is your vbm going?

I am seriously considering this machine too but all the prices I have seen so far in Australia are around $3K, a big hit for my hip pocket. They seem to be much cheaper in the US when you do the conversion. Which bring me to my question, why do they cost so much more here compared to US?

Tony

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 505E4741525D330 link=1255851775/14#14 date=1258251226
    I am seriously considering this machine too but all the prices I have seen so far in Australia are around $3K, a big hit for my hip pocket. They seem to be much cheaper in the US when you do the conversion. Which bring me to my question, why do they cost so much more here compared to US?

Tony
    Hi Tony,

Factor in small volumes of Australian spec machines, duty, GST, freight, freight forwarder fees, interest (as importers pay up front) and you often end up with landed costs very close to US retail prices.

Nevertheless, if youd like to commit to the purchase of 1000 units? *:-?:D

FWIW, we have a <30 shot demo, unmarked and with protective coatings still in place, full warranty and a big discount. Details can be found in our sponsor area: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163933911/9#9

Chris