Thread: My new Galatea Domus !

My new Galatea Domus !

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    ...no, not a typo, the manual says Galatea Domus not vice versa.
    Anyway, thanks again Coffeesnobs for steering me in the right direction. 3 or 4 years back I was looking for an all-you-can-eat-a-matic and stumbled on this site which convinced me to buy a Rancilio Silvia instead, a great move for the last few years.
    I got bitten by the upgraditis bug shortly after but the plethora of available machines and opinions confused me and I gave up.
    It hit me again recently so I sent out a blanket email to the site sponsors with my criteria and got some great suggestions and replies back, whoever thought of the email is a genuis.
    Ive bought my Galatea in the end from Roger at Supreme Roasters after checking it out at Barazi and getting the drum on it ( a bit more than my initial budget but it looks so cool who cares!)
    Im going to give a shameless plug to both Roger at Supreme and Barazi, the service from both in answering my dumb newbie questions has been excellent and the personal delivery and run down on the machine priceless (cut short from my end unfortunately but well catch up soon). Roger, you have a true passion for your industry mate and it shows very clearly, Im not really what I would call a coffee snob but your enthusiasm is infectious! i cant wait to stuff up a few shots tomorrow, swear a bit then produce something my wife will be happy to drink.

Cheers All ;)

Re: My new Galatea Domus !

Congrats on your purchase fullbora. Ive had mine for 10 days now (also from Roger) and am loving the addition to the family.

Many happy shots!

Welcome to the Bezzera Galatea club

One truly awesome espresso machine made to exacting standards

Enjoy the coffee fullbora :D

KK

Congratulations fullbora.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Im sure youre going to be very pleased with the performance of this beautiful machine. Do you have a grinder that measures up to the performance of the Galatea? Would be a shame to feed her with less than she deserves... ;) ::)

Mal.

Site Sponsor

Thank you Gordon for the kind words! It was a pleasure to provide you with your new machine that will see you in coffee nirvana in the years to come! Its great to hear that your having so much fun experimenting with the machine!

Im looking forward to running through the follow up training session with you... meanwhile Im only ever a phone call away!

Sounds like a pretty good endorsement for Bezerra and Supreme Roasters.

This is my first post to CS but have been reading some great info on this site for the past two weeks. I will be looking to buy an E61/HX machine in the 2.5-3k range soon and the shortlist at this stage is

Bezzera Domus Galatea (or is that Galatea Domus?)
    Rocket Giotto Premium Plus
    Expobar Barista Minore III

The Isomac Mondiale and Millennium and La Nuova Era Cuadra seem like interesting alternatives.

I already have the grinder - a Mazzer Super Jolly.

Im a complete novice when it comes to decent espresso machines but Ive decided to aim reasonably high as cappucinos and lattes will be very much in demand knowing my wife and sisters-in-law.

From what Ive read it seems a decent single boiler E61, non-HX machine is capable of producing great espresso but they take a fair while to steam a few milk coffees in a row. Is that correct or am I mistaken?

Anyway, Ill get in touch with you shortly Roger and would appreciate your advice (and that of other CS members).

Best service is second to none from our sponsors

You need to test drive your short list and make a choice on what machine suits you

All the best

KK

Quote Originally Posted by 594C69455957445344360 link=1256369674/5#5 date=1256821829
    I will be looking to buy an E61/HX machine in the 2.5-3k range soon and the shortlist at this stage is

The Isomac Mondiale and Millennium and La Nuova Era Cuadra seem like interesting alternatives.
    Welcome DomK.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Excellent short-list mate but dont forget to add the Diadema machines. They are a superb machine from every perspective and are very highly recommended.... 8-)

Mal.

Thanks Mal and KK

Ill certainly be trying to test these machines before I make a final decision.

The Diadema JE is definitely a direct competitor for the machines Ive listed just going on the specs alone. Will look around to see if any of the Qld sponsors have a Diadema I can check out.

Ive decided to enrol in a 3 hr basic level Barista course first. As Im a novice I feel it will give me a better understanding of the things I need to look for in a machine.

Dom

Quote Originally Posted by 796A73737D706D7E1F0 link=1256369674/0#0 date=1256369674
    ...no, not a typo, the manual says Galatea Domus not vice versa.
    Anyway, thanks again Coffeesnobs for steering me in the right direction. 3 or 4 years back I was looking for an all-you-can-eat-a-matic and stumbled on this site which convinced me to buy a Rancilio Silvia instead, a great move for the last few years.
    I got bitten by the upgraditis bug shortly after but the plethora of available machines and opinions *confused me and I gave up.
    It hit me again recently so I sent out a blanket email to the site sponsors *with my criteria and got some great suggestions and replies back, whoever thought of the email is a genuis.
    Ive bought my Galatea in the end from Roger at Supreme Roasters after checking it out at Barazi and getting the drum on it ( a bit more than my initial budget but it looks so cool who cares!)
    Im going to give a shameless plug to both Roger at Supreme and Barazi, the service from both in answering my dumb newbie questions has been excellent and the personal delivery and run down on the machine priceless (cut short from my end unfortunately but well catch up soon). Roger, you have a true passion for your industry mate and it shows very clearly, Im not really what I would call a coffee snob but your enthusiasm is infectious! i cant wait to stuff up a few shots tomorrow, swear a bit then produce something my wife will be happy to drink.

Cheers All *;)
    yep the manual does say Galatea Domus.
    Congrats on your new purchase.
    Sounds like your experience was very similar to mine, I also graduated from a much loved Silvia, checked out the available machines from Coffee Craft in Adelaide, the Bezzera was head and shoulders above anything else I saw, like you it was well over my budget but the extra $ were justified, the finish and smoothness of the controls are a work of art, and of course performance is every bit as good as I expected.
    Cheers,
    Jon. :D

Site Sponsor

Good Morning Dom

Would be happy to discuss with you anytime about what machine would best suit you for your home.

We will be able to organise a bench test for all three of these machines for you so you can get the best idea of what would suit you and your applications.

Sometimes its best to take the abstract and facts and figures that can be overwhelming online and put them to the test on the bench!

Looking forward to chatting.

Roger
    Supreme Roasters
    (07) 3801 8989
    0410 292 962

Quote Originally Posted by 4B7B606E617D6C7B5A606D6C090 link=1256369674/10#10 date=1256859097
    Sometimes its best to take the abstract and facts and figures that can be overwhelming online and put them to the test on the bench!
    Very true, I live 180 k from the city so all my research was done on line.
    When I visited the store Coffee Craft and was able to eye ball and play with the machines on offer every thing took on a totally different perspective, on paper they all looked good, in reality the differences were vast.
    Cheers,
    Jon. :)

Yep, a couple of days in and the shots are getting better !
    Milk needs a lot of work, Im not used to the truckloads of steam yet, but Ill get there.
    To anyone considering this type of machine I dont regret $1 of the extra investment.
    This thing is built like the proverbial, the finish is awesome and there are no sharp edges or exposed screws like other machines I looked at.
    To my eyes (and this is very subjective) its also the best looking machine Ive seen, it has style and looks great from any angle.
    I agree with the sponsors, you need to check your potential purchase out or the plethora of options and opinions will do your head in. One mans trash.....
    Now I need to work on the better half so I can justify a decent grinder *;)

Quote Originally Posted by 1A2A313F302C3D2A0B313C3D580 link=1256369674/10#10 date=1256859097
    We will be able to organise a bench test for all three of these machines for you so you can get the best idea of what would suit you and your applications.

Looking forward to chatting.
    A bench test would be great Roger. Ill try to arrange something for mid-late November. Will give you plenty of notice!

The Bezzera is certainly the frontrunner for me at the moment but Im keeping an open mind.

Thanks
    Dom

Quote Originally Posted by 33203939373A2734550 link=1256369674/12#12 date=1256894592
    This thing is built like the proverbial, the finish is awesome and there are no sharp edges or exposed screws like other machines I looked at.
    To my eyes (and this is very subjective) its also the best looking machine Ive seen, it has style and looks great from any angle.
    Exactly what drew me in as well

Quote Originally Posted by 33203939373A2734550 link=1256369674/12#12 date=1256894592
    Milk needs a lot of work, Im not used to the truckloads of steam yet, but Ill get there.
    You can visit these 2 posts to help you with the power & 4 hole steam tip

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1220959662

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1242864344

Quote Originally Posted by 3A2F0A263A34273027550 link=1256369674/13#13 date=1256894737
    A bench test would be great Roger. Ill try to arrange something for mid-late November. Will give you plenty of notice!

The Bezzera is certainly the frontrunner for me at the moment but Im keeping an open mind.

Thanks
    Dom
    I like the sound of that

KK