Thread: LA SCALA Butterfly

LA SCALA Butterfly

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Morning all, am contemplating upgrading my 6 year old Silvia, the machine that has taken my eye is the LA SCALA Butterfly.
    Would appreciate comments pro and against the LS.
    Are there other machines in the price range considered better featured/value.
    Price as always is a consideration, suppliers who offer best prices/service would also be of interest.

Cheers,

Jon.

Caffeine Junky

Re: LA SCALA Butterfly

Hi Jon,

A very similar thread was started recently which should satisfy your questions.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1252916196/0#0

I think youll find that most would recommend you at least consider other machines. Best thing to do is visit one or more of our sponsors, listed on the left hand side of the page.

Does anyone know where I can download parts diagram for the Butterfly?

Thanks!

I have a manual with external parts diagram..nothing internal. I can photograph and post or email if thats what you are looking for. I also know of a website of a seller who has photos and labels of the internals....I am not sure if its ok to post the link here as he is not a site sponsor but hapy to PM you if you want the link.

Parts diagram has been sent to sent to RIKard ;)

Now that this thread has been resurrected I may as well finish off by letting you all know that I finally pulled the trigger.
    The Butterfly looked good on paper but when I finally got to inspect the line up at http://www.coffeecraft.com.au/home/ (which did not include the Butterfly) the choice was easy, I purchased the Bezzera Galatea Domus, I was impressed by the build quality and attention to detail, 2L boiler, 4L water tank and good size drip tray.
    Everything about it indicated (to me) that a lot of care had gone into the design, manufacture and assembly of the machine, sure it was more than I had intended spending but I could see where the extra dollars were going.
    So 1 month on what are my feelings, the same as they were on the day I bought it, happy as a pig in strawberrys.
    And as for the Butterfly, never did get to see one in the flesh, but from the many pics Ive seen it looked pretty ordinary, and the plastic tray! well the less said about that the better.

TC

Further discussion can be found at http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1252916196...

Thread closed to keep things neat. If I splice them, we end up with a dogs breakie ;)

2mcm