Thread: Isomac Mondiale Cracked Boiler

Isomac Mondiale Cracked Boiler

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello,
    I have had my Mondiale for about 2 years and love it. I have been pulling shots daily without issue. However earlier this year I started to hear a slight hissing noise and a small puddle of water under the machine. Being in Hobart the choice of service agents is not fantastic so i started researching the machine until i had enough diagrams to enable me to have a look under the skin myself. I was hoping that the hissing was just a dead seal from the boiler. Unfortunately I discovered two cracks in the end plate of the boiler, just below the hot water take off.

I generaly leave the machine on all the time to avoid temperature changes as to not build up stress in the components.

I am at a loss as to how the cracks have developed in the first place and what the best course of action will be to either get the boiler fixed or install a new one.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? If so how did you go about getting it fixed?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated, i need to get my baby back on the bench and operational again ASAP.

Thanks,
    Nick *:)

TC

Re: Isomac Mondiale Cracked Boiler

Quote Originally Posted by 7A70636D7166262D140 link=1266098547/0#0 date=1266098547
    Hello,
    I have had my Mondiale for about 2 years and love it. I have been pulling shots daily without issue. However earlier this year I started to hear a slight hissing noise and a small puddle of water under the machine. Being in Hobart the choice of service agents is not fantastic so i started researching the machine until i had enough diagrams to enable me to have a look under the skin myself. I was hoping that the hissing was just a dead seal from the boiler. Unfortunately I discovered two cracks in the end plate of the boiler, just below the hot water take off.

I generaly leave the machine on all the time to avoid temperature changes as to not build up stress in the components.

I am at a loss as to how the cracks have developed in the first place and what the best course of action will be to either get the boiler fixed or install a new one.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? If so how did you go about getting it fixed?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated, i need to get my baby back on the bench and operational again ASAP.

Thanks,
    Nick *:)
    :o Wow Nick, that is incredibly bad luck. Its not an o-ring or other seal in the vicinity?

I have never heard of a cracked boiler in this type of machine and Id be onto your sales mob to request an explanation from the importer. I wouldnt be accepting no for an answer either.

There is no way that a user is going to cause a boiler plate end plate crack and it wouldnt matter if you turned your machine on and off every hour since the day you received it. It sounds as if your machine was defective from day one.

Hopefully its not a broader issue with the Mondiale and other Isomac machines which use the same boiler *:-?

Hi,
    Thanks, i will be speaking to the guys we purchased the machine from on Monday. I am certain that the leak is from a crack and not a seal. I have attached a photo showing the crack and water coming out of it.
    Thanks
    Nick

Sure looks like a crack in the boiler

KK

TC

At the very least, this should be full boiler replacment. I wouldnt accept a repair... :(

Quote Originally Posted by 035C445259525E575754545C505F310 link=1266098547/4#4 date=1266106004
    At the very least, this should be full boiler replacment. I wouldnt accept a repair... :(
    Absolutely not....

The only method that would be acceptable would be autogenous welding by a certified operator and then the Boiler would require re-certifying by an appropriate authority. All of this would cost more than a new Boiler would be worth in my opinion and any other form of repair would be illegal.... >:(

Mal.

Hi,
    Thanks for the comments.

The machine is back with the guys we bought it from and they are working on sorting it out. There was an initial suggestion that they could have it welded, this idea was knocked on the head very quickly.

Can anyone tell me who the Australian importer of Isomac is? A contact would be great too.

Thanks

Coffee Works Express advise on their web site that they import Isomac machines and and provide service for them.

Thanks for the advice, we have been dealing with Coffee Works and theny have been great so far. The boiler is on its way to them for assessment, hopefully i can get my machine back together and on the bench soon... Im really missing my shots in the monring.

On another note if you are in Hobart and havent tried Villinos own roasted beans do your self a favour and see Richard... Its amazing!!!

Cheers
    ND

Hi all,
    Just a quick update on tehe boiler situation, a new one has arrived!!!! The guys at Coffee Works Express have been absolutly fantastic. Their service has been brilliant and i would highly recomend these guys to any one.
    Thanks for all the help, hopefully i will have the machine back in the kitchen by the end of the weekend.
    Nick ;D