Thread: vbm domobar super running from container?

vbm domobar super running from container?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

can anyone tell me if there will be any issues running my vbm from an external container (my machine is the plumbed in version). *I am thinking just connect up the water inlet to the container and have the container above the pump? *the pump is a fluidotech if that makes any difference. *

Thanks.

Re: vbm domobar super running from container?

i am assuming its a rotary pump....

i deleted my other post as it made an "ass" out of me and my assumption... it would also cause confusion about the question as my answer related more to rotary pumps in general not vibes

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 666A636E6E670B0 link=1266375209/2#2 date=1266377647
    I know of only one factory fitted rotary pump domobar super in Australia. Its a PID dual boiler rotary pump electronic which ECA imported as an evaluation unit. The bonus of plumbing is the silence of the rotary pump in most dedicated plumbed machines.

A vibe pump will *probably* be capable of drawing from a tank but I cant see that there is really much to be gained. Id sooner have fresh water ;)

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 4448414C4C45290 link=1266375209/1#1 date=1266377647
    Sorry I wasnt very clear, its a vibe pump.

Quote Originally Posted by 7D484542766A464F4F4C4C290 link=1266375209/2#2 date=1266379346
    A vibe pump will *probably* be capable of drawing from a tank but I cant see that there is really much to be gained
    Thanks Chris - what is to be gained for me is I dont have anywhere to connect to mains water supply where I want to put the machine, so I want to run it off an external tank.

Do you know how the tank and non-tank versions of the domobar super differ? are the pumps the same? are there any extra components in the tank versions? besides I guess some sort of safety cutout and maybe filter.

Quote Originally Posted by 7D484542766A464F4F4C4C290 link=1266375209/2#2 date=1266379346
    Id sooner have fresh water
    Sorry, not sure I understand your point - the water is the same, coming through my filtration, but I just cant connect it up and hence need to run it from a tank.

Thanks again!

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 2D282420282778490 link=1266375209/3#3 date=1266395109
    Thanks Chris - what is to be gained for me is I dont have anywhere to connect to mains water supply where I want to put the machine, so I want to run it off an external tank.

Do you know how the tank and non-tank versions of the domobar super differ?are the pumps the same?are there any extra components in the tank versions?besides I guess some sort of safety cutout and maybe filter.
    Ahh...that makes sense now! I had visions of a jerry can of stale water ;-)

As to how things differ, I cannot accurately say as the only plumbed vibe pump VBM I have ever seen was a cobbled 2L boiler spec one originally purchased from the old importer. These machines have very little in common with the current machines- other than general external appearance. Out of the box, they can be nasty, nasty, nasty.

The one I saw had received after market mods to allow it to be plumbed- but it was a pretty "interesting" conversion *:D. The pump in this machine was the usual ulka seen in most vibe pump machines.

Hope that helps....

well here it is! 2003 vbm.

2l boiler? could be close to this. The whole machine is not big, and if I had to guess I would think close to 2 litres, or maybe a little less. The boiler is badged "comea".

This machine does not look like a conversion to plumbed to me - it looks original. There is just no space where an internal tank could fit. having said that there is an "int." button on the front which is not actually wired, so just filling a whole in the front really.

The mains connection goes directly into the vibe pump. Then from the pump, to an over pressure valve (or at least what I think is an over pressure valve - coffeeparts label it as "by-pass pump F. Tech "). From here it enters the hx, and splits off to the autofill.

TC

Hi Frabel,

Looks like OEM to me.

I have seen a few of these in tanked configuration now and they run red hot [smiley=evil.gif]. No reason not to attempt to run it from an external tank but you will need to set system pressure again as it would have been set assuming a 350kPa inlet pressure.

I really dont like the look of that Jager pressurestat either with the exposed terminals. Suggest you might consider replacing it with a Mater and shroud the terminals as well.

Hope that helps..

Chris

Thanks Chris. Ill give it a go from the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by 65505D5A6E725E57575454310 link=1266375209/6#6 date=1266403195
    I really dont like the look of that Jager pressurestat either with the exposed terminals. Suggest you might consider replacing it with a Mater and shroud the terminals as well.
    yep that will be done. The pressure goes up to about 1.2, and the element kicks back in about .6!

TC

[split] [link=http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1200231035/71#71][splithere][/link][splithere_end]

Just chirping in here, you asked a few posts earlier about inlet plumbing. Assuming you have a clean tank and are using filtered water then do not run any filtration other than maybe a course screen type of filter.

Vibe type pumps or piston pumps etc (non rotary) do not like restrictions on inlets. Also limit as much as possible the lift or difference in height from the bottom of the tank to the pump. Last thing to avoid is for example coming out of the tank and then down to the pump as this may cause an airlock on the inlet line.

It is possible to fit low water or no flow cut-outs but depending on your electrical or electronic knowledge that is easy or hard.

well I connected up my tank, only to realise that the machine does not activate the pump for boiler refill - it relies on mains pressure. *Im thinking I will need to rewire so that when the autofill soleniod is activated, so is the pump?