Thread: Another Bezzera Galatea from Supreme Roasters

cc2

Another Bezzera Galatea from Supreme Roasters

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Picked her up last Thursday but I have been so busy making coffee after coffee that I havent posted pics yet! * ;)

Visited Roger at Supreme Roasters about 2 weeks ago and from the second I walked in I couldnt take my eyes off the Galatea. It is such a beautiful machine (so hard to photograph though) I had decided before I even got home that i had to have it.

The first day I turned it on it took 4 shots before I dialed in rocky and pulled about 6 great shots in a row, was stocked (and looking like this -> *:D )

Since then I have had good and not so good days - trying to keep consistency and am getting there, its a very easy machine to use.

So a big shout out to Roger, could not be happier with his service, the man is very passionate about his coffee. Also love the beans - Mocha Java is my favorite but also love the supremo & espresso. Will be seeing you soon Roger to upgrade Rocky & pick up some more beans! *:)

Some pics...

Re: Another Bezzera Galatea from Supreme Roasters

Well done Carlie, lovely benchtop bling, your photos came up well, I know what you mean about the silly grin, its almost like being a teenager in love for the first time ;D only we know this wont end in tears next week. Have you decided on which grinder?

Its a gorgeous machine Carlie with excellent build quality
    I have the same machine, so if you need tips dont hesitate to ask

I have also met Roger and he is a determinately nice fellow
    KK

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

ah ha so shiney!, thought you had two knock boxes! well done!

Quote Originally Posted by 0C082E3737322D3A355B0 link=1266572597/3#3 date=1266579064
    ah ha so shiney!, thought you had two knock boxes! well done!
    I am the only male in my family and when I need a mirror due to being out-manoeuvred in the bathroom
    I use the Galatea as my mirror ;D

KK

cc2

Thanks all! Loving it!

Coffee mum i know what you mean about being in love for the first time - I cant stop staring at it. Wonder if that will ever wear off! hehe

WSully when i took the pic was thinking the same thing! Paused for a sec! hehe

KK I found it hard not to take pics with my reflection in it - pics were taken this morning pre coffee - not a good sight! haha How did you get such a good pic of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by 757524160 link=1266572597/5#5 date=1266580158
    KK I found it hard not to take pics with my reflection in it - pics were taken this morning pre coffee - not a good sight! haha How did you get such a good pic of yours?
    I dont use flash

KK

Congrats Carlie.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

These really are a beautiful machine, no doubt about it. Yeah, about the grin.... Ive still got mine so it takes a while before the happiness smooths out a bit ;D

Mal.

Site Sponsor

Hi Carlie

Thank you so much for the kind words. You are great fun to deal with and its great to see someone who has travelled so far in their coffee journey! Ill give you 6 months till you buy your second machine (2-1) or own a cafe. ;)

Looking forward to catching up as your Compak K3 Elite is just calling your name!

Hope the Domus Galatea brings you much joy, happiness and caffiene fixes!

Will have some new Single Origins for you to try if you drop around this afternoon or the next couple of days.

cc2

Hi All, I picked up my new grinder (Compak K3 Elite) from Roger last Monday - geez I have drank alot of coffee this week! *:D

Such a great grinder - very easy to use. Thankfully I have had last week and this week off work so been playing alot.

Another big thanks to Roger - once again top service. Enjoy dropping in - you may need to start kicking me out at a decent time though! *;D

Anyway here are some pics of my setup...

I also have this one-it is a thing of beauty!
    When I first had it the boiler pressure sat at about 1.35 bar, but I had it lowered to 1.25 bar with slightly better results.
    I have also found the following trick works well for my palate (produces a slightly acidic style)-
    Prior to locking in the portafilter I run about 5 seconds of water through the group (more if it has been idle for a longer time).
    I then open the steam valve enough to get the pressure to sit on one bar for about 4 seconds. Then I lock and pull the shot. The pressure bounces back up so quickly it is at 1.25 as I pull the shot.
    I suspect I am merely doing a slightly more elaborate cooling flush, but the results are a touch more consistent for me. It doesnt make sense to me why this would be so, but its fun to experiment with these variables.. :)

Site Sponsor

Carlie its always a pleasure to have you around! Have some new origins roasted up on the new 15 Kilo baby if you want to drop around this week. :)

Hey! from another Satisfied Customer of Rogers! this is what I posted on my facebook site!....I have a new baby Gal in my life!I turn her on in the morning and she keeps me going throughout the day. she can be strong and sweet at the same time.I can make her do one for Bruce too, she likes the doubles.If you get the grind right, then tamper it just so, put it together, hook it up and pour baby gal pour! blonding? stop now. ooohh I just LOVE her! GALATEA DOMUS BEZZERA. with a Kompac K3 Grinder! ;D