Thread: What machine to get?

What machine to get?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All,

Ive been looking at the forum for a little while and figured Id finally post in the hope of getting some suggestions on what machine to get.

I mainly drink espresso, but she who must be obeyed drinks milk drinks. *Id also like to be able to do a few shots in a row without having to give the machine too much of a rest.

So far Ive been looking at the Ponte Vecchio Lusso, *Diadema junior plus semi, BZ99 and with some reluctance the VBM Junior. *My budget for the machine is about $2k so the VBM is looking pretty painful.

I love the look of the lusso, but it has been suggested that they might be a bit harder for a coffee machine newbie like myself. *I really want to avoid getting something and then upgrading in another 12 months.

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions on the machines Ive mentioned or ones I have over looked?

Dave

Re: What machine to get?

Quote Originally Posted by 2B2D28252F2D38244C0 link=1267078241/0#0 date=1267078241
    I mainly drink espresso, but she who must be obeyed drinks milk drinks. *Id also like to be able to do a few shots in a row without having to give the machine too much of a rest.
    IMO i would be looking to a HX machine, picking which one is always the issue.

all stainless like the junior or function of the BZs without the bling.....

its hard to pick one :)

Caffeine Junky

Thats a range of fairly different machines. Sounds like you really need to see a sponsor or 2. I know that Cosmorex are in Canberra, not sure who else.

Once you start looking at machines in the flesh Im sure youll find your decision easier.

Have you allowed funds for a grinder?

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 7372786B75706A190 link=1267078241/2#2 date=1267079712
    Thats a range of fairly different machines. Sounds like you really need to see a sponsor or 2. *I know that Cosmorex are in Canberra, not sure who else.

Once you start looking at machines in the flesh Im sure youll find your decision easier.

Have you allowed funds for a grinder?
    I had a chat with Dave this afternoon and also recommended that he visit CosmoreX. Dave has contacted them. Attilio has been pretty busy chasing his tail the last few weeks but Im sure hell make contact when he gets the message.

We also talked pros and cons about these and some other machines. Dave is also allocating funds for a good grinder- Mazzer mini or similar..

I am sure that one of the CS sponsors will ultimately be assisting Dave ;)

Chris

I just bought a second hand BZ99. I am very happy with it, not a lot of flash but it makes real good espresso.

I ended up getting a shiny little Giotto and Mazzer from Supreme Roasters. *Spent a bit more than I wanted, but hopefully Ill not suffer from upgraditis.

Site Sponsor

Dave. Wish you all the happiness that we know the machine can give you!

Its amazing how far youve come so quickly on espresso making in such a short time. It was a pleasure dealing with you and we look forward to hearing about your future adventures with the Giotto and Mazzer!