Thread: Isomac Alba interference from element

Isomac Alba interference from element

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello,

I have an ISOMAC ALBA, when its on and cycling through its normal element on then off bussiness, I get interference on radios in my house that are on FM and there is one clock radio that does it on AM also a tv in the family room (analouge). Is there anyway of stopping this?

Thanks in advance.

A_M

Re: Isomac Alba interference from element

Quote Originally Posted by 7A756F7475727B7075667D6E782D252B2E1C0 link=1267605849/0#0 date=1267605848
    Hello,

I have an ISOMAC ALBA, when its on and cycling through its normal element on then off bussiness, I get interference on radios in my house that are on FM and there is one clock radio that does it on AM also a tv in the family room (analouge). *

Is there anyway of stopping this?

Thanks in advance.
    YES ;D

A_M

Ok FL...

I thought ya would have jumped in and bitten my head off..

1: Are they all on the same cct ?

2: When you say cycling through an element on / off is it worse at any stage..

@ 1400W that is not alot of power and the elements are not that inductive; thus generating RF is not my first thought..

However as it affects ya AM station etc.. Then this hints that the frequency is more likely caused by arcing???

Recommendations:

1: Put the machine on a power board that has some level of filtering...

2: See if teh other items can be plugged into a different cct

3: Confirm that it is or is not RF; by testing with the radio and have it operating off batteries and thus not physical connectivity with the house wiring.

If it is still introducing noticeable interference; then I can only suggest ya control board / relay is arcing and or ya snubber cct has failed.

Clear as mud for some ;D

If it is item 3 have the control board system checked out ASAP.

PS.

Most will only replace boards as they are not Electronics technicians

Some may have a go at repairs, but often only replace what they can see is wrong... Miss the root cause... And end up causing more problems..

In addition... Today is about a consumer society and technical skill sets are no longer valued as people rely more on technology to solve their problems..

Idiocracy:

Private Joe Bauers, the definition of "average American", is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program. Forgotten, he awakes 500 years in the future. He discovers a society so incredibly dumbed-down that hes easily the most intelligent person alive.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by 1C333A382F103C333C3A38303833295D0 link=1267605849/2#2 date=1267621856
    Ok FL...

I thought ya would have jumped in and bitten my head off..
    And he would have been fine to do so ;D

Another fantastic response AM, youve earnt your keep for the week ;) ;D

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 1713352C2C2936212E400 link=1267605849/3#3 date=1267624586
    Another fantastic response AM, youve earnt your keep for the week
    Na only two ways to earn my keep...

1: Directions followed and a positive outcome

or

2: Complaints and a poll to have AM removed..

So far I failed on both accounts ;D

I wasnt going to bite your head off, I was waiting you out. I was going to wait 24 hours see if you could resist putting the answer up.

Thx I am doing the radio tests now.

It only happens as the element starts for say one second. The am doesnt make a sound on battery radion buy fm does. If am is plugged in to same cct it makes a sound if its plugged in on a different cct then am makes no sound. This has been happening for the 2 yrs I have owned the coffee machine.

Cheers.

Ps whats a snubber, I thought that was what I got in your first reply!

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 3D32283332353C3732213A293F6A626C695B0 link=1267605849/5#5 date=1267651416
    I wasnt going to bite your head off, I was waiting you out. *
    AND

Quote Originally Posted by 3D32283332353C3732213A293F6A626C695B0 link=1267605849/6#6 date=1267653401
    Ps whats a snubber, I thought that was what I got in your first reply!
    giggled like a schoolgirl..

Going to Morton for a few days soon... *Then I can snub you *;)

A snubber is a cap and resistor in series and usually when placed across contacts acts as a snubber to stop arcing and to minimise any RF generated.

In many cases over time, the resistor can fail as the contacts get old as it generates higher rf and loads..

Then again, in many cases a few $$$ can be saved and no snubber cct even applied.

Sounds like you have a combo problem and as I am unaware of ya exact house wiring...

Recommendations.

1: Power filter on the input to ya coffee machine - A quality 2 or 4 outlet board.

2: Obtain cct diag for ya control board and we can confirm if a snubber is fitted.

3: Depending on the style of thermostat etc it can also introduce rf...

Unfortunately it is a matter of fix the symptom; as with out a CRO and some time to fully check it out.. Not so easy to define the RC.

PS. If ya want to send it to me, I still have a 3/4 working EM6910 I can lend ya *:D ;D ;)

As always

Regards

AM