Thread: Just upgraded ... also: hi everybody! ;-)

Just upgraded ... also: hi everybody! ;-)

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi there,

This is my first post, after a fairly brief bit of lurking here and there. Semi-introduction, semi-our machine post ahead; I wasnt exactly sure where to put it.

But hi 8-)

Im very new to even drinking coffee, though my wife is a longstanding coffee-head ;) When we moved into our house 2 1/2 years ago we got an automagical (autotragical?) DeLonghi machine for her: push button, get espresso ... apparently.

We went thoroughly off that at Christmas when my brother-in-law made us coffee. Rather shortly after we went and got the same machine: a very entry-level Breville jobby. It was ... better than the DeLonghi :P It was improved somewhat by getting a single-walled filter and a proper(-ish) tamper, but despite my best efforts the results were inconsistent. The teensy-tiny steam wand seemed to take half an hour to heat a small jug of milk too ::) While I didnt want to blame my tools, I really did think that the results I was getting were less consistent than what I was putting in. And the milk really sucked.

So we took a trip ("just looking") to Di Bartoli yesterday. Ofra helped us "just look at" an Isomac Tea (I love that you can use Tea to make coffee :P ), and today weve been "just looking at" coffees that have improved rather a lot. 8-) I looooove this machine. It looks great, its enjoyable to use - and it allows me to make such better coffee (helped Im sure, by the grinder we got with it, which is unsurprisingly way better than the little Sunbeam burr grinder wed been using :P )

Ive been surprised, to be honest, by just how much of a difference it has made. Sure I was expecting it to be better - but not this much, this quickly. Certainly theres a lot of room for improvement, but my results now just dont compare to what I was getting from the Breville. And theyre consistent, which is a huge thing. I is a happy, happy chappy.

Also, I wish my tolerance for coffee was more than 2 - or at a stretch 3 - cups a day, so I could play more with it on the weekend ;)

Re: Just upgraded ... also: hi everybody! ;-)

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to CS. The Tea II is a fantastic machine.

Im certainly enjoying it :)

Thanks for the welcome 8-)

Gra

Quote Originally Posted by 76515749474C220 link=1267958308/0#0 date=1267958308
    "just look at" an Isomac Tea (I love that you can use Tea to make coffee Tongue )
    Welcome to Coffee Snobs and congrats on your new toy enjoy. :) :)

Quote Originally Posted by 5E6B78190 link=1267958308/3#3 date=1267963131
    Quote Originally Posted by 76515749474C220 link=1267958308/0#0 date=1267958308
    "just look at" an Isomac Tea (I love that you can use Tea to make coffee Tongue )
    Welcome to Coffee Snobs and congrats on your new toy enjoy. :) :)
    Oh I am. Very much 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by 7156504E404B250 link=1267958308/0#0 date=1267958308
    It looks great, its enjoyable to use - and it allows me to make such better coffee (helped Im sure, by the grinder we got with it, which is unsurprisingly way better than the little Sunbeam burr grinder wed been using Tongue )
    Hi. What grinder did you buy?