Thread: New Isomac Mondiale

New Isomac Mondiale

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all I am a happy new owner of an Isomac Mondiale thanks to Di Bartoli in Sydney. I have finally taken a plunge after a couple years with a Rancilio Silvia.

Impressions of my new machine:
    - The shiny stainless steel looks like a quality addition to the kitchen. Clean lines from the front makes it look simple and refined and the machines sheer size gives the impression of raw power. The curves from the side adds a funky look.
    - Not so large as to take bench space away from the kitchen; still have room for large chopping board plus other appliances when the need arises

I fired it up after about 20 min warming up. I ground one notch finer on my Rocky grinder than the settings I used for the Silvia. Result: first shot was a god shot but unfortunately had to be tossed down the sink as it was the machines first ever shot. The second shot was similar and good to go. Using the characteristic steam levers I nailed the milk for a double shot soy latte. I knew what to expect after an initial practice go at Di Bartoli. The steam was not so powerful to make you feel like you were taming a beast. I didnt time it but it felt like it took around 20-25 sec to heat the milk in a 300 ml jug.

A big thanks to Renzo, Ofra and David. Thank you for your support on the new purchase, for ensuring all machine parts were good to go. Everyone likes an additional unexpected step; in my case they added a rubber handle to the steam wand. The standard plastic handle provided with the machine is quite finicky as it tends to slip around whilst you try to move the wand to the required position.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions

Cheers
    Al

Site Sponsor

Re: New Isomac Mondiale

Hi Al,

Thanks for the feedback and the warm compliments! Were happy youve finally took a plunge and with such a great machine indeed! :)

Good to see you found the size accommodative and that Soy behaved well first trial...I occasionally still get some bubbles in my morning Soy latte with my BZ99...will it ever be consistent?! * :-/

This is indeed a deal of a life time....if anyone of you fellows wish to enjoy a similar experience, theres still one unit left!

check: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163932885/0#6

Ofra

Quote Originally Posted by 725F6974574442595A5F360 link=1268191120/1#1 date=1268262350
    I occasionally still get some bubbles in my morning Soy latte with my BZ99...will it ever be consistent?! :-/
    Hi Ofra and welcome to Coffee Snobs.

Youve taken the first step and admitted you have a problem.

What you need is to practise, practise, practise.

You might also consider some training to get you off on the right foot.
    Theres an excellent site sponsor in Bondi Junction who could help you with that.

Good luck on your journey to soy steaming perfection.

I had a laugh