Thread: My new toy :D

htb

My new toy :D

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi CSers,

Last weekend I was up the coast and had a very nice coffee made on a Bezzera original eagle. *I have had the VBM for some time so this got ideas of upgraditus in my head.

I cant afford an original eagle but found this and snapped it up.
    I am not sure if its an upgrade a downgrade or a sidegrade but it looks pretty, takes up less room and makes a very nice coffee :D

So my VBM is up for sale if anyone is interested

htb

Re: My new toy :D

Also anyone have a lathe and want to bend some copper sheet metal?
    I want to replace the eagle to something but don have the expertise.

A thing of beauty "htb".... 8-)

Congratulations mate.... :)

Mal.

ha I have the same vbm and elektra as you. The elektra is great, so good looking. I like the colours of yours, but never much liked the eagle - I have the blue glass ball (sxcd).

htb

Quote Originally Posted by 1A37333F325E0 link=1269659855/2#2 date=1269675264
    A thing of beauty "htb".... 8-)

Congratulations mate.... :)

Mal.
    Thanks Mal :D

Quote Originally Posted by 3A3F33373F306F5E0 link=1269659855/3#3 date=1269681162
    ha I have the same vbm and elektra as you. *The elektra is great, so good looking. *I like the colours of yours, but never much liked the eagle - I have the blue glass ball (sxcd). *
    Ahh the SXCD probably not too many of them around.

I am suprised you have the same VBM. 2mcm asked some questions about it in the other thread but I only know how to operate the thing perhaps you could help out?

I am not such a fan of the eagle either but I dont think the Murano glass ball would look great on the copper version + they are expensive ~$50 US. A simple brass ball would be nice but what can you do?

Does anyone know much about these group heads?

Nice bling, welcome to the Lever Gang :) Call it a sideways step and a learning curve and enjoy the silence in the mornings too 8-)

htb

Actually its not a lever. I really want to but am too impatient to go down that path. Its a HX machine :D

just looked at the pic again and oops ;) in that case just sideways ;D

levercrema

Quote Originally Posted by 627E680A0 link=1269659855/0#0 date=1269659855
    Hi CSers,

Last weekend I was up the coast and had a very nice coffee made on a Bezzera original eagle. *I have had the VBM for some time so this got ideas of upgraditus in my head.

I cant afford an original eagle but found this and snapped it up.
    I am not sure if its an upgrade a downgrade or a sidegrade but it looks pretty, takes up less room and makes a very nice coffee :D

So my VBM is up for sale if anyone is interested
    Not really any of the "grades" - more sort of entering another universe. I too have a Lektra SA (chrome), an enigmatic machine if ever there was one. Light weight, under spec and over priced but with its erect manner and diminutive steam wand will spank many high spec E61 boxes and others including my E98. Youve done well.

Quote Originally Posted by 627E680A0 link=1269659855/1#1 date=1269660706
    Also anyone have a lathe and want to bend some copper sheet metal?
    I want to replace the eagle to something but don have the expertise.
    Not really sure what you mean - Lathe? bending? - maybe a copper tea pot on top instead of eagle? If you dont want the eagle I would love to buy him - and the machine if you get sick of it.

Enjoy! (looks like a 2004/5 model?)

htb

Quote Originally Posted by 454C5F4C5B4A5B4C4448290 link=1269659855/8#8 date=1269686357

Not really sure what you mean - Lathe? bending? - maybe a copper tea pot on top instead of eagle? If you dont want the eagle I would love to buy him - and the machine if you get sick of it.
    I have an idea in mind for to replace the eagle.

I dont think I will be sick of the machine any time soon but not sure how long it will take for upgraditis to return... hmmm can I fit an original eagle and/or Belle Epoque in my kitchen?

Quote Originally Posted by 454C5F4C5B4A5B4C4448290 link=1269659855/8#8 date=1269686357
    Enjoy! *(looks like a 2004/5 model?)
    Very close, thats some eye you got. Its an 03 model

levercrema

Quote Originally Posted by 3F2335570 link=1269659855/9#9 date=1269691848

I have an idea in mind for to replace the eagle.

I dont think I will be sick of the machine any time soon but not sure how long it will take for upgraditis to return... hmmm can I fit an original eagle and/or Belle Epoque in my kitchen?
    Not really sure how you upgrade from one of these unique gizmos. Ill never sell mine but will quite happily replace my Faema E98 with something different. Preferably an early compact or A3. Or another Semi like your copper and brass one - yeah - thatll do it.

Ive got an old brass door knob for ya lid if ya want

cc2

Wow thats beautiful! Congratulations!