Thread: Obtaining Hot Water From Diadema Perfetta

Obtaining Hot Water From Diadema Perfetta

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Ok ..... another stupid question ....

On a machine like the Diadema Perfetta (single boiler) is it possible to extract hot water only? I notice that on many of the HX machines there is a steam wand and a hot water wand.

The reason for the hot water wand that I can see as being useful is that the machine can be put on in the morning and used to make the coffee as well as provide hot water for the Stinkettes cup of tea ..... and secondly I guess it would be useful for Americano style coffee.

Not knowing the ins and outs of the machines I assume that you may be able to extract hot water from the group head but I guess this will have traces off coffee at the start until it runs clear.

Cheers

Stinky.

Re: Obtaining Hot Water From Diadema Perfetta

You can of course open the steam valve and then turn on the pump to get hot water. This water will have been re-boiled and is not recommended for tea--or so snobby tea drinkers tell me. :)

Or you can set the machine on steam and then steam a jug of cold water to boiling.

However, it is really far more efficient to use a kettle or even a saucepan on the stove for tea.

Greg

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 19233815193E2324212B26253E4A0 link=1270432896/0#0 date=1270432896
    Ok ..... another stupid question ....

On a machine like the Diadema Perfetta (single boiler) is it possible to extract hot water only? I notice that on many of the HX machines there is a steam wand and a hot water wand.

The reason for the hot water wand that I can see as being useful is that the machine can be put on in the morning and used to make the coffee as well as provide hot water for the Stinkettes cup of tea ..... and secondly I guess it would be useful for Americano style coffee.

Not knowing the ins and outs of the machines I assume that you may be able to extract hot water from the group head but I guess this will have traces off coffee at the start until it runs clear.

Cheers

Stinky.
    Some systems actually have a special group / basket to take ya tea bags ;)

Now; so long as that spare group down the end is clean and does not get used for coffee.. A neat way to go for tea. About the right temp too.

If ya run a coffee and do not clean; then I guess you could do a tea infused with coffee ;D

Thanks for the replies .... it does sound like the kettle may be easier for the tea but I am grasping at straws trying to sell the functions of coffee machine to a non-coffee drinker.

The tea bag basket sounds fairly cool .... not sure if my leg is being pulled but I might do a search and see what I can find.

Cheers

Stinky.

htb

Good excuse to get a HX machine

Quote Originally Posted by 524E583A0 link=1270432896/4#4 date=1270543241
    Good excuse to get a HX machine
    You are not wrong there ;) ...... I have been thinking that it is only a few hundred more from the Perfetta to either a Junior Regal or Office eb-61 Lever but then I take a step back and think that the Perfetta is quite a leap from the Silvia that I was thinking of originally.

I need to keep in mind my needs over my wants :-[

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 407A614C40677A7D78727F7C67130 link=1270432896/3#3 date=1270542832
    The tea bag basket sounds fairly cool .... not sure if my leg is being pulled but I might do a search and see what I can find.

Cheers
    Not pulled..

You can just use a tea bag now in a double basket.. Try it ...

The issue is those infused coffee oils ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 407A614C40677A7D78727F7C67130 link=1270432896/5#5 date=1270544029
    I have been thinking that it is only a few hundred more from the Perfetta to either a Junior Regal or Office eb-61 Lever but then

Now that great little baby of mine is still in the FS section... Ya sure ya dont want to go and have another look.

PS. The DCM actually has a tea Group handle and basket

13 A-MC-0062 FILTER HOLDER FOR TEA

But teh cost is a bit....ch