Thread: time to make a decision... help

time to make a decision... help

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    a couple of days ago i posted atopic the the >1500 section, but my budget has grown as i dont think i will get what i need with the 1300 i used to have
    so....

first up im a latte drinker, finace drinks a skinny capp.
    will make 4 day. would like the ease of milk + shots at same time

i am looking at the following
    silvia.... but kinda not anymore
    isomac tea
    isomac zaffiro
    domobar picola

i would prefer to spend the bucks straight up rather than bothering about upgrading later
    not sure what grimder to go with those.
    was thinking the K3 would do with all of them?

appreciate any feedback or recommendations.

Re: time to make a decision... help

I am in the same position - budget growing as I learn more :)

I am looking at the Expobar Minore III (twin boiler) or the Izzo Duetto.... I think

Hi Krazy,

If youre mainly drinking milk then as youve stated the ease of milk + shots at the same time should be fairly high on your list. Of course you wont be concentrating on milk while your shot is pouring will you (naughty naughty) ;) - it just means youll be able to start the milk as soon as youre ready rather than waiting for the boiler to get up to temp. That means youre looking for a heat exchanger or dual boiler machine, rather than a single boiler.

So with that in mind Im not sure why the Zaffiro and Piccolo are on your list as theyre both single boiler machines (like the Silvia). The Tea is the only HX machine on your list. So presuming a HX/DB machine is a non-negotiable youve in a sense got your decision. I say in a sense because there are plenty of other machines in the same class as the Tea you may like to consider if you havent already.

Whats your revised budget? The only HX machine youll get for $1300 is the Nuova Simonelli Oscar and it sounds like youre shooting above that.

Without knowing that, here are some other options to consider which will all do what you want: Expobar - Office, Leva, Minore. Diadema - Junior, Royal plus others. Vibiemme - Domobar Super. Rocket - Giotto. There are more machines in the $3k+ range but I dont think thats where youre looking just now.

The K3 should be fine within reason with any of those, though Im sure if you moved to Mazzer Robur youd notice the difference! ;)

Greg

Hi Krazy, Im happy with my setup as Im sure most CSers are with theirs. Definitely look at Hx machines as Greg suggested. If possible get to a nearby sponsor if you have one and look at few options in the flesh (or beautiful shiny stainless) Make sure you consider footprint if you have any space issues, my VBM junior delivers great bang v size.

Have fun

Krusty

hello all,

thanks for the advice and ideas. i am 99% sure i will be getting the isomac tea. just been down to dibella and checked it out. good size, good looks and will do what i need and a good price

greg thanks for the list of HX machines. spent all morning reading up on them...
    saw your tampers , i will definitely be getting one of them :)

thanks again for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by 784152494A330 link=1270554263/4#4 date=1270609908
    hello all,

thanks for the advice and ideas. i am 99% sure i will be getting the isomac tea. just been down to dibella and checked it out. good size, good looks and will do what i need and a good price

greg thanks for the list of HX machines. spent all morning reading up on them...
    saw your tampers , i will definitely be getting one of them :)

thanks again for the advice.
    Before you buy it ask them to turn it on with a different HX machine, bring both up to temp, then using a scace or group pressure gauge and check the temperature of what is coming out of the group. Repeat the process a few times and if possible, after both machines have been idle for a while.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

what am i looking for in the results from this test?

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 645D4E55562F0 link=1270554263/6#6 date=1270616213
    Hi Krazy,

You might like to try a search using the search tab on Isomac Tea.

Make sure you set the search to at least a year. There are plenty of threads which you may wish to read over.

Happy shopping ;)

2mcm

Quote Originally Posted by 794053484B320 link=1270554263/6#6 date=1270616213
    Im going to say it out aloud. It is my opinion only.

The Isomac Tea is not a machine I would be happy to own. It looks nice on the outside but on the inside its a different matter. It had a reputation of running hot and adjustments to compensate for this would compromise another area, ie. bad internal design. And yes, I have used one and repaired quite a few.

Many retailers were aware of this but chose to sell them anyway. Its not something I would do. One retailer even said something along the lines that (and I paraphrase), the Isomac Tea was the hottest deal in town.

Some claimed to work with the manufacturer to resolve the issue. There are now claims that the issues have been resolved at the point of manufacture.

Yet, there is at least one reseller who claims to modify the machine prior to sale. But if the issue has been resolved, why would you need to do so?

Having said all this I am sure there are many satisfied owners of the Isomac Tea, as well as many who would disagree with me.

hmmm ok. appreciate that honest feedback.
    did a little google and found similar reports online. not a deal killer......
    but perhaps a expobar office or the bezerra bz07 would be a better option
    they in the same price range.

Site Sponsor

Krazy

I have replied to the e-mail you sent us with quotes for the above machines as well as some GREAT included extras. ;D Please do not also hesitate to contact us on 0410 292 962 or (07) 3801 8989

Kind Regards,
    Roger
    Supreme Roasters