Thread: Rancilio s27 - boiling water line seems blocked

Rancilio s27 - boiling water line seems blocked

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All,

I recently picked up an s27 off evilbay. The good news is that everything seems in relatively good working order except ....

Hot water tap on this machine is volumetric, with the main board controlling a solenoid.

The amount of water getting through the line is much lower than on my s26 which is operated by a manual valve. That is, the volume/minute is lower .... much lower.

Is it likely to be a blockage in/at the solenoid? It looks pretty easy to remove the solenoid ie. let boiler cool, remove electrical connectors, then undo nuts on either side. What then?

The other issue is the procon pump - which works, but seems noiser than my s26. I think it is on the way out. Is there anything I can do from a maintenance point of view?

Tim

Re: Rancilio s27 - boiling water line seems blocked

Quote Originally Posted by 2F342C3E6B6D6B625B0 link=1271508137/0#0 date=1271508137
    Is it likely to be a blockage in/at the solenoid?
    It was, pulled it apart, cleared it out, and while still not as fast as the s26, it much better than before. The difference could now be as a result of design? The hole in the solenoid for the water to pass through is quite small - not sure if there is a different level of restriction with the manual valve. Im not pulling it apart to see. Tim