Thread: ECM Giotto Problem

ECM Giotto Problem

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All

My ECM Giotto has developed a fault. I first noticed that it seemed to be going over pressure and water would leak from underneath the right hand side cover. I pulled the top and sides off to get a better look but could see nothing obvious.

I put power on and held the water reservoir in place and watched as the boiler filled and came up to temp. At around 0.8 on the front gauge the large hexagonal valve on top of the boiler proceeded to vent steam and water at pressure in worrying quantities, some of which must have sprayed onto an electrical contact in the machine as the house rcd tripped. I opened the water wand fully and vented steam and foul looking water in a bowl.

I repeated the above purging of the boiler 2 more times but shut off the power as I started to hear the big valve opening. The water got progressively better looking but the boiler still seems to be going over pressure and quite quickly.

I have exhausted my fault finding ability and will try and get a professional to look at it. Can anyone reccomend a repairer for ECM Giottos in Perth?

Cheers

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Re: ECM Giotto Problem

Its a wonder you didnt exhaust your life......are you qualified to fix it? Genuine question, if not, take it to someone who is before you are killed!

Its a coffee machine, not worth dying for..... :o

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 3632140D0D0817000F610 link=1272513153/1#1 date=1272513443
    Its a wonder you didnt exhaust your life......are you qualified to fix it? Genuine question, if not, take it to someone who is before you are killed!

Its a coffee machine, not worth dying for..... :o
    Agreed- Its not wise at all to go poking around the insides of 240V appliances in the presence of steam and water unless you really know what youre doing ::).

Your machine needs a replacement pressurestat and/or safety valve. Its probably worth getting it serviced and checked for scale at the same time.

I have sent you a PM with details of a local repairer for you.

Thanks for the info Talk Coffee, Ill give them a call.