Thread: My new Expobar

Gra

My new Expobar

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All

Well I have done it again I just cant help my self ;D...

I must be in the good books with the Minister of Finance for doing some painting and general maintenance around the house and its payed off :D :D now I have a new toy to play with and I am a very happy chappy..

This will be my last upgrade as I have had a SB 6910/ VBM Domabar single /Isomac HX /and now the twin...Happy Days are hear again :)

Cheers Gra..

Re: My new Expobar

Beautiful Mate :)

Caffeine Junky

Quote Originally Posted by 695C4F2E0 link=1273199753/0#0 date=1273199753
    This will be my last upgrade
    Are you sure about that? Nice bit of kit there mate and I like your coffee station.

Looks awesome, congrats :)

Noice.

Twin gauges
    Twin boilers
    Twin digital readouts
    Double spout

Do I detect a theme?

Quote Originally Posted by 4C706D767C7D6A7F777C180 link=1273199753/4#4 date=1273205126
    Noice.

Twin gauges
    Twin boilers
    Twin digital readouts
    Double spout

Do I detect a theme?
    Twin names, Arnie & Danny perhaps :-/ ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 0F3A29480 link=1273199753/0#0 date=1273199753
    This will be my last upgrade
    Never say never, but there is not much above it on the home front to go to. We reserve the right to requote this "last upgrade" in future years ;D Nice setup BTW.

One of these or the Duetto is on my very short list, I just need to convince myself I need one.

where is the timer from Gra?
    and how is it mounted?

I like PID controlled machines especially when they have a shiny skin

Congrats Gra
    Many happy cups to you

KK

Gra

Quote Originally Posted by 3229282323460 link=1273199753/7#7 date=1273233925
    and how is it mounted?
    No timer Tonee you dont mean the PID ?

Thanks Guys for the comments on the new toy and a big thanks to "Mark from Coffee Roasters Australia" for looking after me, If you are a Gold Coaster or in Brisbane and are looking for a Expobar Machine call in to the show room and have a look Im sure Mark will look after you ;)

Dont forget if you call in to have a look and if your like me a drool over the Has Garanti in the store room.. :P :P :P

Cheers Gra..

Quote Originally Posted by 273C3D3636530 link=1273199753/7#7 date=1273233925
    and how is it mounted?
    Quote Originally Posted by 142132530 link=1273199753/9#9 date=1273284922
    I think Tonee means or asking about the power point timer Gra

KK

Gra

Quote Originally Posted by 07232A2A29291307233F21234C0 link=1273199753/10#10 date=1273286424
    I think Tonee means or asking about the power point timer Gra

KK
    Sorry about that silly me ;D ;D Its a RCD protection unit not a timer..

Gra..

Quote Originally Posted by 6E5B48290 link=1273199753/9#9 date=1273284922

Where did you get that PID Gra?

Ive seen them before but cant remember where.

Nice machine, Im considering one also

Quote Originally Posted by 765A595C5B6A62350 link=1273199753/12#12 date=1273294591
    Where did you get that PID Gra?

Ive seen them before but cant remember where.

Nice machine, Im considering one also
    I believe
    The PID on this model is fitted as standard at the factory

Unless you are referring to the temp probe fitted on the E61 head ?
    KK

Ohh sorrry....whats the digital thing on the group head..temp??

Gra

Quote Originally Posted by 6F74757E7E1B0 link=1273199753/14#14 date=1273304749
    Ohh sorrry....whats the digital thing on the group head..temp?? *
    Its digital thermometer gives you the temp at the Group head..

They come from the U S...

Gra..

i see} so how long after turn on till up to temp at the grphead?

Gra

Quote Originally Posted by 4259585353360 link=1273199753/16#16 date=1273312828
    i see} so how long after turn on till up to temp at the grphead?

About 30 mins

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Congrats Gra, beautiful machine! truly beautiful, this is a funny thread.....so much confusion!!!! I had a laugh!

Well done mate ;)

Sorry for my naivety, but how does that digital thermometer attach. From the pictures it looks like its been drilled into the machine! That cant be right, is it just sitting on top of the group head or is it attached some other way?

Congrats btw, nice setup, enjoy. I know its been discussed to death, but Gra you will be in a good position now *to discuss the relative pros and cons of Hx vs double boiler.

Bennett

Bennet the temp probe comes mounted in a new hex head bolt that replaces the exiting one in the exposed E61 head. So unscrew the original and screw in the one with the temp probe mounted into it.

Cool tool :) lots of reading about it here http://www.home-barista.com/espresso...via-t1352.html

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 6C6B6F606862776760690E0 link=1273199753/21#21 date=1273368011
    Cool tool *:) lots of reading about it here http://www.home-barista.com/espresso...via-t1352.html
    Yes it is interesting.. Any temp meter and just need the right fitting to seal the probe and screw into the head...

Found it interesting as the early EM6910 use a thermcouple that screws into the standard e61 type head... Has two wires and would allow it to be tucked away and or connected to the temp logger for TS requirements... Map ya temp profile with ease...

PS. Coffee parts and the fitting to seal the level sence probe... SOme may wish to look further into this...

PSS. A good scase is all that is needed... Temp and Preasure all in one.

Greg.... Ya want a EM6000 temp thermocouple to play with for ya preasure meter ???

Awesome setup... Im looking at something very similar. :)

Hi Gra,

I am new to the board and just found your post.

I am looking at the Expobar Minore III or Bezerra Domus Galatea as my first real espresso machine.

I have contacted a lot of places who stock various machine makes. It has been hard to get people to compare the machines I am interested in. I am never sure if they are giving an opinion based on what they want/need to sell as opposed to on merit. That is why it is great to find someone who has user experience. I guess that is the beauty of forums like this! :)

Some places have said the Expobar is not made/finished as well as the Bezzera. Have you found this?

Given all the machines you have experience with, how does the Minore compare to others you have used.

Do you find the twin boiler set up to be of use? Or is it more likely to be a case of only change brew temp infrequently? Would a HX machine suffice?

Do you think with dual boilers more parts/functionality comes the risk of more problems?

Sorry for so many questions but it has been very confusing getting info!

Many thanks in advance for your assistance!

Peter

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 372A24282B2B2E767E717F470 link=1273199753/24#24 date=1275619737
    Hi Gra,

I am looking at the Expobar Minore III or Bezerra Domus Galatea as my first real espresso machine.

I have contacted a lot of places who stock various machine makes. It has been hard to get people to compare the machines I am interested in. I am never sure if they are giving an opinion based on what they want/need to sell as opposed to on merit. That is why it is great to find someone who has user experience. I guess that is the beauty of forums like this! *:)

Some places have said the Expobar is not made/finished as well as the Bezzera. Have you found this?

Given all the machines you have experience with, how does the Minore compare to others you have used.

Do you find the twin boiler set up to be of use? Or is it more likely to be a case of only change brew temp infrequently? Would a HX machine suffice?

Do you think with dual boilers more parts/functionality comes the risk of more problems?

Peter
    Hello Peter,

We sell both and you are most welcome to call to get my frank opinions of both...

There are aspects of every machine we range that I dislike. My job is to make you aware of these so that you can choose the right machine for you.

Chris

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 302D232F2C2C2971797678400 link=1273199753/24#24 date=1275619737
    have contacted a lot of places who stock various machine makes. It has been hard to get people to compare the machines I am interested in. I am never sure if they are giving an opinion based on what they want/need to sell as opposed to on merit. That is why it is great to find someone who has user experience. I guess that is the beauty of forums like this! *

Gra will be up on the weekend...

If ya drop in.. you can speak to him and others first hand..

Both are good machines.. Fit for purpose and yes Bling / Marketing and many others things compound the issue..

Have a coffee / see equipment first hand and make an informed decision.

AM

Hi AngerManagement,

When you say drop in and see/talk, where would I go?

Thanks to Chris as well. I will be in touch.

Peter

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 776A64686B6B6E363E313F070 link=1273199753/27#27 date=1275631356
    Hi AngerManagement,

When you say drop in and see/talk, where would I go?

Thanks to Chris as well. I will be in touch.

Peter
    Just read the Qld Social event posts... There are plenty of clues :o

Just like coffee... 2 + 2 = 5 Thus half teh fun; is working it all out...

If ya still confused by Saturday evening, PM me :D

If I get teh PM... We will all know that teaching you about coffee will be a long journey ;) :D ;D :o ::)

Look forward to catching up.... :)

Gra

Quote Originally Posted by 607D737F7C7C7921292628100 link=1273199753/24#24 date=1275619737
    Hi Gra,

I have contacted a lot of places who stock various machine makes. It has been hard to get people to compare the machines I am interested in. I am never sure if they are giving an opinion based on what they want/need to sell as opposed to on merit. That is why it is great to find someone who has user experience. I guess that is the beauty of forums like this!Smiley

Peter
    HI Peter

I think that as Chris has posted it is far better to have a hands on with the machines you have in your list they all do the job but they are different if you know what I mean best to see and play..

Twin boiler over HX having had both I wanted more control over group temp and thats what you get with the Expobar as fare as finish there are a lot of machines with better finish but the Expobar is still a well built machine and I am very pleased with mine.

Re: more parts/functionality comes the risk of more problems? Well all I can say is you have two off in some cases but I firmly believe that if you maintain your equipment you will have less chance of some thing going wrong. ;) , IN all the machines that I have had I have only had one warranty claim a main "switch" touch wood ;D ;D ;D..

The get together on Sunday is at AMs check out Social Snobs Brisbane get together second from top..and we can have a chat :) :) :)

Cheers Gra..

Hi Gra and others,

Thanks for the invite to the social event. Unfortunately, I had other committments and it was too late to change. Sorry to have missed the chance to chat.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Will keep an eye out on that advice listing for future events.

Gra how do you find the steaming on the Expobar? Some reports state that it is lacking compared to other machines. Have you found it to be an issue?

Guess I should have asked if you drink milk coffees or straight black! :o

Would the lack of steam be an issue if you only catered for say up to 4 or 6 people at a gathering?

Most of the time it will be for my wife and I.

Once again many thanks for your info.

Peter

Site Sponsor

Hey Pete, as per our conversation happy to have you down anytime and test out some of our machines seeing we are locally based. Happy to give further opinions and have you see the machines in the flesh and pull some shots more importantly as the information on the net can be a bit conceptual sometimes and not truly appreciated till you get to test drive.

Comparatively between the Minore and the Domus the Domus would be the kingpin of steam hands down.

Chat soon!

Kind Regards,

Roger Bright
    Supreme Roasters
    (07) 3801 8989
    0410 292 962

Gra

Quote Originally Posted by 7469676B68686D353D323C040 link=1273199753/30#30 date=1275885567
    Hi Gra and others,

Thanks for the invite to the social event. Unfortunately, I had other committments and it was too late to change. Sorry to have missed the chance to chat.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Will keep an eye out on that advice listing for future events.

Gra how do you find the steaming on the Expobar? Some reports state that it is lacking compared to other machines. Have you found it to be an issue?

Guess I should have asked if you drink milk coffees or straight black!Shocked

Would the lack of steam be an issue if you only catered for say up to 4 or 6 people at a gathering?

Most of the time it will be for my wife and I.

Once again many thanks for your info.

Peter *

Hi Peter

To bad that you could not make the meet A great was had by all may be next time :)

Re : steaming the Minore has plenty of steam for your milk base drinks and with 2000watt elements not a problem ;)

As per Rogers post if you can make time to drop in and have a chat with him you can get to see and touch some machines like I said earlier this helps big time with your choosing the right one for you..

Cheers Gra..