Thread: La Pavoni Lever - Convert from single prong element to 2 prong?As

La Pavoni Lever - Convert from single prong element to 2 prong?As

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    As the title states, has anyone done this? Im thinking of doing this to get better steam power since a pavoni i just bought has a dead element. If i just replace the element with a double pronged one and buy the switch to switch from having one prong on to two prongs on is that enough? or will the pressure sensor switch off the element if pressure gets too high anyway? Im still yet to fully understand these pavonis and it doesnt help that theyre all different!

Thanks in advance.

Single element switch:

double element switch:

Single element:

Double element:

Re: La Pavoni Lever - Convert from single prong element to 2 prong?As

The newer ones have a Pressurestat but the old ones dont. So you will need a few more bits to go with it. The old switch will be fine just dont use the Hi/Low one, just the power one. Shot below is of the current spec Millennium one like I have, shows the pressurstat bottom centre.

http://www.pavoniexpress.com/visual.html

http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/lapavoni_ep_eng.htm

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 45617B6B6069080 link=1274166882/0#0 date=1274166882
    As the title states, has anyone done this? Im thinking of doing this to get better steam power since a pavoni i just bought has a dead element. *If i just replace the element with a double pronged one and buy the switch to switch from having one prong on to two prongs on is that enough? or will the pressure sensor switch off the element if pressure gets too high anyway? Im still yet to fully understand these pavonis and it doesnt help that theyre all different!

Thanks in advance.
    It is not that simple *;D *If it was then *great but it is not.

1: What is the wattage of the single element
    2: What is the wattage of each element in the double config

How is the element in the single wired via the pressure stat.

Ya have to go via the pleasure ( ;D) *stat as that is what controls the power on / off cycles which manages the heat and pressure (see speeling b4) .

As your electrical knowledge has slipped a bit; I would strongly recommend *you re visit ya trade school and get ya licence renewed or revoked *OR *get a qualified person to do the work..

BF posted links.. Yep - makes 100% sense to me.. I bet a few would still get it wrong.. *Ya only get one chance... Any thing else is going to cause damage to either the machine or users and other members of tegh public / family....

That web site also has this to say... http://www.pavoniexpress.com/caveats.html

While many may say Just back off AM... Any one here who understand, knows exactly where I am coming from..

Electrons love to escape and return to that driving potential and have no understanding or care; as to what damage they might reek.

levercrema

Quote Originally Posted by 57736979727B1A0 link=1274166882/0#0 date=1274166882
    As the title states, has anyone done this? Im thinking of doing this to get better steam power since a pavoni i just bought has a dead element. *If i just replace the element with a double pronged one and buy the switch to switch from having one prong on to two prongs on is that enough? or will the pressure sensor switch off the element if pressure gets too high anyway? Im still yet to fully understand these pavonis and it doesnt help that theyre all different!

Thanks in advance.
    Im confused, am assuming the machine is a Europiccola with no pressurestat? If a PS just crank it up a bit. Steam power should be ample in one of these. Mine certainly had plenty - enough to equal the Pav Pro I have at the moment anyway. . Just replace the element with the right one. Much easier and less potentially shocking too - so to speak.

AM is dead right. Unless an absolute qualified professional, I can never understand why anyone would want to muck around with the wiring on anything let alone these little machines. Sheesh - water and electricity - way to go. They can fry you - or somebody else - in the blink of an eye if you get it wrong.

Hi Dr D,

No pressurestat on the version he has just high and low power and a thermal cutout. Shown below for comparison.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 7374707F777D68787F76110 link=1274166882/4#4 date=1274176843
    Hi Dr D,

No pressurestat on the version he has just high and low power and a thermal cutout. Shown below for comparison.

So she just keeps boiling and running non stop....

PS. Do not like teh wiring at all. Any number of breaches...

Glad ist just a training sample ;)

levercrema

Same as the one I had.

Quote Originally Posted by 58777E7C6B547877787E7C747C776D190 link=1274166882/5#5 date=1274178400
    So she just keeps boiling and running non stop....
    Sort of. The operator is the pressurestat.

The machine will idle happily on setting 1 but little steam power. An easy to work little machine hence my suggestion to Mischa re replacing the dud element with the correct one.