Thread: Vibiemme Domobar Piccolo ... Isomac Zaffiro (dark horse Lelit)

Vibiemme Domobar Piccolo ... Isomac Zaffiro (dark horse Lelit)

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I had to put the coffee upgrade on hold for some time because of a coffee induced stay in coronary care (over did things after my first *CS sample pack late 2009).

Anyway it seems I am back in the hunt for at least a home machine. I am fortunate that I will not be paying for the machine! However it means I need to be extra sure that I can justify my recommendation.

We dont drink much coffee at home as there are plenty of decent cafés in range (i.e. max 4 coffees per week on weekends when we are about). These home coffees tend to be 75:25 capuccino/machiatto style.

Normally no more than 2 are made at any time (when there are visitors about we tend toward wine rather than coffee).

Now that Ive come back on the market for a machine I seem to have come to a similar conclusion to where I arrived the last time I looked - a dual purpose single boiler is just fine for our needs.

Looking around I have been attracted to the likes of the Vibiemme Domobar Piccolo or the Isomac Zaffiro. A grinder such as the Rocky$ or perhaps K3 touch$$ is also the current leaning.

In the category of e61 dual purpose single boiler machines whats your view?

I also need to answer the question "why should we buy a $1600 E61 machine + grinder when a Lelit Combi might be just fine"? ... well ... I think the E61 might be more forgiving of technique, we dont have local service, maybe looks.... well, dammit I might ask the cs community.

Being in Brisbane I dont think we can check all these options in the metal / on the palate so would be pleased to hear your comments.

Re: Vibiemme Domobar Piccolo ... Isomac Zaffiro (dark horse Lelit)

I have used a VBM Piccolo and I can vouch for its ability to produce marvellous coffee. The downside of the single boiler dual purpose is that they cant steam milk and pour shots simultaneously, not a big issue if you are only ever preparing for one or two people. Another downside is the need to take care with the boiler, it doesnt autofill and you would have trouble steaming more than one 600ml jugs worth at a time before needing to prime the boiler again.

This is true for all single boiler dual purpose machines. The Lelit might suit your needs and I will leave it to those who know more about this machine to critique it in comparison to more powerful machines like the VBM, Zaffiro or Diadema Perfetta

There is a second-hand one, not that much used, still for sale from a Newcastle snob and includes a grinder. You have figured in a grinder havent you?

You say cafes meet your current needs but your needs can change and, if you suddenly find drinking coffee at home more pleasurable than you anticipated, you might regret not going for something with greater capacity.

Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 00415A5D46320 link=1275667973/0#0 date=1275667973
    I also need to answer the question "why should we buy a $1600 E61 machine + grinder when a Lelit Combi might be just fine"? ... well ... I think the E61 might be more forgiving of technique, we dont have local service, maybe looks.... well, dammit I might ask the cs community.

Being in Brisbane I dont think we can check all these options in the metal / on the palate so would be pleased to hear your comments.
    Hi 2shot. Congratulations on taking the decision to take the next journey up!

Supreme Roasters is based out of Yatala, QLD and well sell all the machines you are looking at it and with the said support you have rightly recognised as a necessary criteria of purchasing. *;D

Give me a call direct if you want to discuss your options available and the differences between the machines. You can contact me on (07) 3801 8989 or 0410 292 962.

You will find for a price less then retail we will include training, accesories and invaluable after sales support that is second to none in Queensland.

Happy hunting!

Roger
    Supreme Roasters
    (07) 3801 8989
    0410 292 962

Ill be in touch, Thanks.