Thread: Newbie with Vibiemme Domobar Super

Newbie with Vibiemme Domobar Super

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi Folks. Just thought Id drop in and introduce myself as the semi-proud owner of a new VBM Domobar Super. I say semi-proud because it unfortunately has a bit of a problem already - which hopefully will be sorted quickly so I can get back to full steam so to speak.

The problem Im having relates to steaming - I open it up about a turn & a half and get plenty steam for a few seconds then it stops, I open it up further - same again. The only way I can get it going full bore is to open it all the way up - which Im told shouldnt be required. Bartoli tell me it may be the valve seal collapsing in on itself and are getting back to me hopefully Monday.

Anyone else had this problem can tell me if it is a quick fix or not?

Re: Newbie with Vibiemme Domobar Super

Odd behavior to be sure The valves workings are quite simple, and easy to get at. The large thing that looks like a big nut on the valves body is... remarkably enough, a nut. You can hold the main body of the valve with one adjustable spanner and remove the nut with another. Some painters or masking tape on the spanners jaws prevents marring of the chrome.

The end of the valves adjustment shaft is hollow and there is a rubber plug in the end of the shaft that makes the seal against the inside of the valves body. I could only guess as to what is going on in there, but none of my guesses make much sense.

Remove the steam wands tip and check to see if there is any debris in there.

I have had my VBM Domobar Super for 7 months and also experiencing this issue :(. My thoughts have been that its normal behavior and adjusted the valve to get the desirable steam strength as I steam the milk. :-?

Recently I have experienced another problem :(. I would open the steam valve and no steam would come out, then while the valve is fully open, suddenly like something has become unstuck, the steam gushes out with a pop and the pressure drops immediately from 1.1 straight to 0.6 bar :o. Closing the valve allows the steam pressure to rebuild back to 1.1 bar fairly quickly and steaming works normally after (well with the adjustments while steaming).

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 2E20393F2C234D0 link=1276931943/2#2 date=1277383580
    ....Recently I have experienced another problem *:(. I would open the steam valve and no steam would come out, then while the valve is fully open, suddenly like something has become unstuck, the steam gushes out with a pop and the pressure drops immediately from 1.1 straight to 0.6 bar :o. Closing the valve allows the steam pressure to rebuild back to 1.1 bar fairly quickly and steaming works normally after (well with the adjustments while steaming).
    Hi Tony,

You will need to replace (or have replaced) the grommet at the at the end of the valve body. They are cheap and easy to replace.

Some user overtighten the valve and this trashes them pretty quickly.

Good luck ;)

2mcm

Thanks 2mcm :). Ill check that out.

Tony - I received the grommet from ECA last night and despite being a bit apprehensive about doing it myself, it took about 5 mins to replace - very straightforward - and the machine is working fine now - the part number is GUARSILRUDOSL - they supplied 2 for $2.65 - mine was discounted to zero as it is a new machine.