Thread: Bezzera Galatea Domus + Compak K3T from Supreme Roasters

Bezzera Galatea Domus + Compak K3T from Supreme Roasters

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    This is my first post!

After my Saeco Incanto broke down for forth time in 2 years, I decided to move to something which can produce much better coffee and moew reliable. A big thank you to Roger from Supreme Roasters, after a whole week of back and forth email, I finally decided to go ahead with the Bezzera Galatea Domus.

Thank you for all your advice, information and patient (especially when I could not decide on whether getting the VBM Junior or Bezzera Galatea Domus)!

The training you gave me was excellent, I think I was a bit too excited with the new machine and I left a few things behind. Thank you so much for courier it out to me.

Being used to an automatic coffee machine, there was a lot for me to learn with the new machine, I am happy to say I am getting more and more consistent and there still a lot for me to learn.

Thank you once again Roger! I am sure I will keep sending you email for more advices!

Frank

Re: Bezzera Galatea Domus + Compak K3T from Supreme Roasters

Quote Originally Posted by 6A7B63626B0C0 link=1278325095/0#0 date=1278325095
    I finally decided to go ahead with the Bezzera Galatea Domus.
    Welcome to Coffee Snobs.
    Good choice on both fronts Frank, Roger at Supreme Roasters is a great (and very knowledgeable guy) to deal with, and the Bezzera is an excellent choice, had mine for about 6 months and am rapt. ;)

Congratulations on the new Galatea
    Its one of the best finished machines on the market
    I know I owned one
    If you need help or useful tips you will get an answer from myself or other helpful CSers

KK

i def have a soft spot for its looks. congrats. wish u many god shots

Thank you Koffee Kosmo, to be honest, I am still trying to be consistent between each coffee.

Sometimes the coffee taste a bit sourer than normal, is it because I did not do the tamping step correctly? The coffee puck seems to be ok to me, but is there anything which I should look out for?

Frank

Site Sponsor

Frank

Thank you for the kind words! It was great having you out at our showroom and was fun drinking coffee after coffee and training. I hope the wife didnt lynch you when you walked through the door. :)

Re your problems above feel free to call to chat about your methods or alternatively we can touch up on your techniques next time you drop in.

Thanks again.

Roger
    Supreme Roasters
    (07) 3801 8989
    0410 292 962

Fancy that! I to have a Saeco Incanto that has been plagued with problems since the original warranty expired, some of which are re occurring.

I guess it must be an unspoken agreement that all Incanto owners head down to see Roger from Supreme Roasters because I did exactly that today.

He has a great selection of machines, far better than his competition here in Brisbane. It was well worth trip!

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Same here, the problem only starts after warranty expired and the problems are recurring.

I should have read more review about Saeco before I bought it...

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by 59485051583F0 link=1278325095/4#4 date=1278506329
    Thank you Koffee Kosmo, to be honest, I am still trying to be consistent between each coffee. *

Sometimes the coffee taste a bit sourer than normal, is it because I did not do the tamping step correctly? *The coffee puck seems to be ok to me, but is there anything which I should look out for?

Frank
    Tips
    Get the machine up to temp that includes the 4 kg of brass called the E61 head
    This will take up to 40 minutes

Tamp so the puck clears the shower screen head when the group handle is locked in
    That tamp depth is 8mm

Grind to a consistency of table salt and adjust finer/coarser from that

If you live close I may be able to help
    KK

Quote Originally Posted by 0E2A232320201A0E2A36282A450 link=1278325095/8#8 date=1278976113
    Tamp so the puck clears the shower screen head when the group handle is locked in
    That tamp depth is 8mm
    KK makes some good points, in particular this one re the puck clearing the shower screen, I ran into a few problems in this area during my early days with the Galatea, until it was pointed out to me that the shower screen of the unit sits a little lower in the group head than other machines and this must be allowed for. :)

Thank you KK and Jon for your comment.

I think I am getting a bit better with it, I seem to have more creama on top but the taste seems to be bitter. I will do a measurement to see where 8mm will come to from the filter and see whether it makes any difference. I will keep trying and let you know how I am going with it.

Dont forget its an e61 hx, so it will need a cooling flush just prior to each extraction. If youre not doing that chances are your shots are a touch too hot which could be where the bitterness is coming from.