Thread: Unico Splendor has arrived

Unico Splendor has arrived

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    After being told it would arrive tomorrow, Saturday 8.30am I went to get the bacon and eggs for Bfast, and when I came home, my darling bride told me to go downstairs and see what was just delievered. Sweeettttt. Of course, we had a late bfast. I am expecting Mazzer Mini to arrive any time, but for now am playing with the old SB grinder. Quite happy with shots all things considered, struggling to consistently produce good microfoam, with the odd success. Lovely machine. I am used to full flavour/body shots from overdosed 6910 double baskets. Struggling to get similar from double baskets on U.Spelndor, (can dose to about 22gms without pressure on the shower screen). Any info on tripple baskets and if they fit in anything but naked portafilter?
    Of course taste may change significantly with the new grinder I guess?? So far, HX experience is a good ride.

Re: Unico Splendor has arrived

Just beautiful Kammy.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

The Unico has got to be one of the prettiest machines on the market, quite apart from its high build quality 8-). Many years of great coffee ahead of you... ;D

Quote Originally Posted by 3238343420590 link=1280119814/0#0 date=1280119814
    Of course taste may change significantly with the new grinder I guess?? So far, HX experience is a good ride.
    You bet....

Mal.

and, after several lts of milk, now have the sweet spot sorted for texturing lovely glossy, fine micro foam. Had some fun tonight helping my wife get a feel for it too. Quite satisfying really, given that yesterday I was really wondering what on earth they thought they were doing putting two holes in the tip like that :-? IT was definetly worth persisting with. :)

brett230873

Quote Originally Posted by 58525E5E4A330 link=1280119814/2#2 date=1280233733
    Had some fun tonight helping my wife get a feel for it too. Quite satisfying really, given that yesterday I was really wondering what on earth they thought they were doing putting two holes in the tip like that :-? IT was definetly worth persisting with. *:)
    Can somebody please start a thread Quote of the Year becasue Kammy, you and your wonderful new Unico Splendor would get my vote! ;D

Thanks for posting the great pics.
    My Unico Splendor will be arriving this week and I am looking forward to the journey! *I am also upgrading from the Sunbeam 6910 so I am interested in any advice on handling the differences between the two machines.

:) *

Quote Originally Posted by 3D2D3A2B2B6D6C6F67686C5F0 link=1280119814/3#3 date=1280265888
    Quote Originally Posted by 58525E5E4A330 link=1280119814/2#2 date=1280233733
    Had some fun tonight helping my wife get a feel for it too. Quite satisfying really, given that yesterday I was really wondering what on earth they thought they were doing putting two holes in the tip like that :-? IT was definetly worth persisting with. *:)
    Can somebody please start a thread Quote of the Year becasue Kammy, you and your wonderful new Unico Splendor would get my vote! *;D
    Now now, you woudnt be a journo would you? taking someone of context like that ;)

Re: Unico Splendor has arrived and Mazzer Mini

Now the mazzer has arrived, and the new rattleware tamp, and some more coffee...a new learning experience! Grinder is sweet, never used a doser before, so getting the feel for that...and just made a sensational coffee or 3 with the Mocha Java beans provided by Roger with the gear, simply sensational! Cant wait to try the other 4 blends sent too! So much coffee, so little time :)

Site Sponsor

Hi Kammy

Thanks for posting the pictures, the kind words and helping others see what the Splendor looks like on the bench. In my opinion there are to few pictures circulating of the Diadema gear which leaves a bit of a question mark as to the finish of the machines and styling.

Hope you enjoy the Mocha Java and the other blends we sent you.

Chat soon!

Roger

My likes my Unico, its splenderous! catered for a group of 10 this am, and apart from running out of water, which only resulted in reduced steam for milk on one cup, was sensational. many commented on it being the best coffee they have had in ages, a nice touch of art on top helps too of course. Presentation is worth a lot with all food/beverages. A fresh bag of Mareeba QLD Gold Espresso beans certainly went down well! Sweet machine, and goes well with mazzer mini now I am getting the hang of using the doser without so much mess. Happy boy. ;)

Lovely set-up. Really - does it get much better than that?
    Thanks for the photos.
    Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by 2A2C373A36382A2D6F6C590 link=1280119814/4#4 date=1280289927
    Thanks for posting the great pics.
    My Unico Splendor will be arriving this week and I am looking forward to the journey! *I am also upgrading from the Sunbeam 6910 so I am interested in any advice on handling the differences between the two machines.

:) *
    And, how is it going?? Splendiferous I suspect! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 252F2323374E0 link=1280119814/0#0 date=1280119814
    So far, HX experience is a good ride.
    Great looking machine Kammy, as well as a Mazzer Mini! Ill bet the coffee has never been so good. ;)

A_M

Had one for a while and a great machine...

It was passed on to another local CSér along with K3T and last I heard was doing well.

Yours is a great setup and will see you in great service for some time.