Thread: HX shower screen, frequency of cleaning.

HX shower screen, frequency of cleaning.

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Have often wondered what others do, I remove and clean screen and seal at the end of each day.

A_M

Re: HX shower screen, frequency of cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by 407C756D78190 link=1280562922/0#0 date=1280562922
    Have often wondered what others do, I remove and clean screen and seal at the end of each day.
    Why over do it... Oils is teh main contamination and that is why I do a chemical back-flush...

HOWEVER:

If ya grinding super fine and OVER / UP Dosing then you may get more physical matter up and between teh head and shower screen.

OPPS. My gauge does not work (EM6910) or is bouncy ;D Coffee fines in the line and only one way to get it there = through the screen.

Fresh Coffee made a great post on cleaning teh other day... He actually covered off on shower screens 8-)

Less often than the least often option offered. I do know what a shower screen is.

As Attilio mentioned somewhere--if the machine is used correctly and backflushed regularly, then the screen and area will likely be clean even a year down the track.

As long as my handle seals correctly, I never remove the seal.

On my first machine (a dual purpose, single boiler) I wasnt aware that any of this needed doing and the first clean of any kind, other than a brush and wipe, was about 10 years in. The tech said it was fine, other than needing a new seal.

Greg

I took mine off recently after 6 months of use (750g/fortnight) chemical backflush every 2-3 weeks. The shower screen was absolutely spotless. It looked like it had gone through the dishwasher. Attilio is spot on - if you do the appropriate backflushing the showerscreen shouldnt need removing.

I havent removed mine yet and thats after 16 months of ownership and constant use. However, a weekly chemical back-flush keeps everything bright, shiny and as good as new. Even the Group Gasket is still in excellent condition - nice and soft and pliable. This gets cleaned after every session using a Group Head Brush and then the GH Wiggle afterwards.

Ive used the same routine on previous machines and achieved the same outcomes so as Attilio often says - "If it aint broke then dont fix it." Wise words those.... ;) 8-)

Mal.