Thread: Wega turned on 24/7 ?

Wega turned on 24/7 ?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    ...hi coffee experts...can anyone please enlighten me on advise I received about my new Wega...was advised once setup and running leave the machine on 24/7...what gives? thanks jimmy james

A_M

Re: Wega turned on 24/7 ?

Quote Originally Posted by 4D4E4A4A5E784D464A4254270 link=1282812075/0#0 date=1282812075
    ...hi coffee experts...can anyone please enlighten me on advise I received about my new Wega...was advised *once setup and running leave the machine on 24/7...what gives? thanks jimmy james
    Contact ya supplier ?

Was training not provided ?

As to Wega or Other machines..

Use teh advances search function and think about what is going on and if you system is Tank or PLUMBED and then what safety features are in place if ya have a fault or a sticky valve etc etc.. I am sure your supplier will be happy to cover the water damage ;) NOT !

Some say YES but most of us do not...

That is unless I am running a 24hr coffee shop 8-) Who needs sleep ::)

for what its worth, everywhere ive ever worked weve left our machine on 24/7.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 2E333030335C0 link=1282812075/2#2 date=1282821877
    for what its worth, everywhere ive ever worked weve left our machine on 24/7.
    Not sure how many leave their HOME machines on 24/7

Besides even from a work place status; I would have issues with things on 24/7 unless a very good need... Many places stop service *at 3 or 4 and are shut until 6 or 7 in the morning...

Leaving the machines on all night and over the weekend could be considered as less than ideal.... In some places I have been the power goes off after 8pm regardless 8-) and often comes on in the morning if and when the power-station guys feel its worth flicking the switch.

Do you leave ya PC on 24/7 ? My server YES... My laptop and desktop.. Not usually.

Coffee machine.. 20min before I want one it is turned on and about 10 to 30 min later I switch it off. If I do not; the wife will as teh Power meter keep going through the roof when teh boiler elements kick in.. About 3 times the total house ;D :D ;)

Tis a bit hard to hide ::)

I would say no need to keep on 24/7. Even our 4 group Wega at work is set on a specialy made 15 amp timer, to turn on and off at set times. It would be a waste of power leaving it on IMHO.

Id agree with turning the machine off at night. Leaving it on doesnt do anything to lengthen its lifespan - it could be argued that less cycling between cold and hot is good for the machine, but running 24/7 will burn out pressurestat contacts quicker, make rubber seals harden and fail quicker, and increases the chance of the machine flooding or burning the premises down in the middle of the night if a fault occurs when theres nobody around to notice and shut it off.
    I work on commercial machines and dont see any increases in lifespan or reliability where our customers leave their machines on at night. The only benefit is where they want to be able to walk in the door first thing in the morning and start making coffees straight away.
    And if they want to do that there are plenty of top-end commercial machines that can be programmed to turn on/off automatically at preset times so they could just have a machine set to turn on before they open so that it is up to temp right on opening time.

And if turning a machine off at night was bad for it, do you really think the manufacturers would be so keen to add the ability to set startup/shutdown times?