Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Casa Espresso
  • 1 Post By Juvv

Thread: Elektra MicroCasa Lever

Elektra MicroCasa Lever

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi, is there anyone here familiar with this particular unit?

Im looking to purchase one of these but having trouble finding many reviews, only a couple so far.

I am impressed by the looks of this unit. The lever doesnt faze me as im a decent size. Im ok with the hot-to-touch body. Small drip tray i can live with.

Looking also for a recommendation for a grinder to go with this. Doser is not necessarily required.

I wont state a budget as i normally buy on quality, needs and wants and not on price. That said, i dont want to be spending 10k or anything crazy like that.

Any help much appreciated.

Re: Elektra MicroCasa Lever

Welcome to the gang. Have a read of the couple of threads on them and others, much as I love lever machines the price tag on the Elektra is OTT ;) Also if you like the Brass look check out the Pavoni range too.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1266878906
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1243304918

Site Sponsor

It makes a good shot when driven correctly, but obviously not an entertainers machine. The shot gets extracted under spring force when the lever is let go so there is some consistency built into the design.

charlie

Thanks for the welcome!

beanflying - just out of interest, if the price tag was lower or money wasnt an issue, would you get one?

Charlie - im prepared to put in the time to learn, and entertaining isnt a concern. i will look at a second machine if i decide to be more sociable ;)

levercrema

Quote Originally Posted by 5F504F5C5E5855555657390 link=1282881412/3#3 date=1282890573
    Thanks for the welcome!

beanflying - just out of interest, if the price tag was lower or money wasnt an issue, would you get one?

Charlie - im prepared to put in the time to learn, and entertaining isnt a concern. i will look at a second machine if i decide to be more sociable *;)
    Hi five (!), and welcome. I recently had both the Pavoni lever and the Elektra, using both side by side. The Pavoni is a bit of an over priced toy compared to the Elektra, also over priced but not a toy and far more predictable.

Have a look here http://www.coffeegeek.com/ and here http://www.home-barista.com/.

+ 1 on jetblacks post too.

If youre not on a tight budget then I would highly recommend the iconic Elektra. It can give you a coffee with clarity and taste like no other.

Good luck!

Don

jmc

I have one and it is capable of producing truly stunning coffee. It picks up flavours that other machines cannot.

If you get one and want to lessen the overheating some people complain about PM me as it is a cheap and easy fix.

John

Quote Originally Posted by 3F3836550 link=1282881412/5#5 date=1282960955
    I have one and it is capable of producing truly stunning coffee. It picks up flavours that other machines cannot.

If you get one and want to lessen the overheating some people complain about PM me as it is a cheap and easy fix.

John
    Hi John, thanks for your feedback. Im interested to hear your thoughts. PM Sent

Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post

I know this is an old thread, but I'd be interested to hear your advice John or anybody else who has similar tips for that matter.

Cheers, Steve

Ditto...
    Im thinking about purchasing an elektra.

Hi DScanes

We import and distribute Elektra

Feel free to send me a PM to discuss how to get the best out of an Elektra

Chees
    Cheers
    CraigDavey likes this.

As an owner of several of these machines, one being 35 years old-my lovely wife purchased & I discovered in the spare room 18 months later! - I would like to know if anyone has done any mods as suggested above to lower the temp (other than pressure adjustment), Thank you. I guess this was the machine that initiated our interest in espresso and has made thousands of coffees since.

I also On my way! an elektra, and have done my own review on it which is on the forum somewhere , my site URL is Super Pro Man Dudes - Man dudes doing super pro stuff

I love my machine, but It has it's quirks like any other, but indo find making coffee on it very rewarding . It looks amazing too
    BeanBrat likes this.