Thread: Giotto ECM or Rocket?

Giotto ECM or Rocket?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I saw a "Rocket Giotto" on one of those places you haggle. It was significantly cheaper than the ECM Giotto. Can someone explain to me the differences and similarities.
    Cheers
    GMC

Re: Giotto ECM or Rocket?

Quote Originally Posted by 545744424C360 link=1283557183/0#0 date=1283557183
    I saw a "Rocket Giotto" on one of those places you haggle. It was significantly cheaper than the ECM Giotto. Can someone explain to me the differences and similarities.
    Cheers
    GMC
    So, if the place that sells them cant tell you the difference, what sort of support do you think you might get once the deal is done?

TC

I think it might be worth checking GMC. ECM Germany does not produce a Giotto and has nothing to do with Rocket.

Rocket purchased ECM Milan and produces all current Rocket branded machines, such as the Giotto Premium Plus, Professional and Evoluzione. If your vendor has an ECM Giotto, it has to be at least 4 years old.

Oh sorry I was being too cryptic, I found it while looking through second hand machines on ebay and since the Giotto would look lovely on my kitchen bench I thought Id ask as I always thought they were from ECM. I havent looked into it but seems like it might be a regular supplier doing it a bit cheaper there. Still probably not on the top of my list as still a tad expensive for me and yes Id like some after sales support (not that Id get it with a second hand machine).

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 3F3C2F29275D0 link=1283557183/3#3 date=1284018460
    Oh sorry I was being too cryptic, I found it while looking through second hand machines on ebay and since the Giotto would look lovely on my kitchen bench I thought Id ask as I always thought they were from ECM. I havent looked into it but seems like it might be a regular supplier doing it a bit cheaper there. Still probably not on the top of my list as still a tad expensive for me and yes Id like some after sales support (not that Id get it with a second hand machine).
    That makes a whole lot of sense gmc,

Hopefully, it wont be like the "bargain" a client purchased there last year. Advertised as only driven to church on Sundays by a little old lady...

After a new pump, group solenoid, control board, wiring loom, pressurestat, group microswitch, gicleur, group seal, shower screen and a comprehensive descale, we got it running.

All it would have needed at that point to look right was a new chassis, sides and front and rear panels.

He paid 50% of the price of a new machine and then spent a good 30% of the value of a new machine to get something which was probably worth a grand. I felt sorry for him and provided a good few hours of labour for nothing. ::)

Caveat emptor....

Chris

mft

yeah I agree with you Chris, I know some people who have been burnt on evil bay.

When you add it all up, its worth buying a brand new one from a local store that will teach you how to use it as well!