Thread: Questions for Minore owners

Questions for Minore owners

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

A couple of questions for any of the Expobar Minore owners out there, and possibly any experts out there also. *Sometimes my machine (2 weeks old, brand new) makes a slight "pst....pst...pst..." noise, not all the time. *I took the cover off to make sure it is not leaking, and discovered it is coming from the valve on the back of the steam boiler (the valve that leads off to the pressure stat). *Is that the anti vac valve? *It is only a slight noise, but still noticeable, and just wondering if anyone elses machine does this? I have not changed the pressure stat from standard (cycles on at about .8 and off at 1.1).

The other question is the small outlet on the front of the machine, sits just under the 3 way valve, has nothing connected to the back of it. I presume this is only used for the rotary version?

Cheers

David.

Gra

Re: Questions for Minore owners

Quote Originally Posted by 1431263935500 link=1283657942/0#0 date=1283657942
    A couple of questions for any of the Expobar Minore owners out there, and possibly any experts out there also.Sometimes my machine (2 weeks old, brand new) makes a slight "pst....pst...pst..." noise, not all the time.I took the cover off to make sure it is not leaking, and discovered it is coming from the valve on the back of the steam boiler (the valve that leads off to the pressure stat).Is that the anti vac valve?It is only a slight noise, but still noticeable, and just wondering if anyone elses machine does this? I have not changed the pressure stat from standard (cycles on at about .8 and off at 1.1).
    Hi David

It sounds like the vacuum breaker is not seating properly, You could try bring the machine up to temp then turn off and unplug
    from power point. Then with a torch and a plastic knitting needle you may be ably to go through the holes in the boiler cover under the cup warmer and give it a few bursts to see if it seats.Be careful of the burst of steam that you dont burn your self :(
    Quote Originally Posted by 1431263935500 link=1283657942/0#0 date=1283657942
    The other question is the small outlet on the front of the machine, sits just under the 3 way valve, has nothing connected to the back of it. I presume this is only used for the rotary version?
    ]/\/...Yes.

Cheers Gra.

Thanks Gra, I will give that a go if it comes back. *When I had the covers off, I did give a small wiggle, and some steam come out as well (with it unplugged). *

How do you find your Minore for steaming milk? Are you using the standard 2 hole tip that came with it? *I am still finding it a bit hit and miss. *I have had some great micro foam, and some real bad soap bubble attempts.

Cheers

Davie

Gra

Quote Originally Posted by 0C293E212D480 link=1283657942/2#2 date=1283818179
    How do you find your Minore for steaming milk? Are you using the standard 2 hole tip that came with it?I am still finding it a bit hit and miss.I have had some great micro foam, and some real bad soap bubble attempts.
    No problems with micro foam I am using the standard two hole tip. Just keep on practicing and it will come. I find that keeping the tip off center to start then hard to the side to get the swirling action going works for me ;)

Gra..