Thread: Sanremo Treviso Lx: How long does it take to heat-up?

Sanremo Treviso Lx: How long does it take to heat-up?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

Im considering upgrading to Sanremo Treviso Lx. I used it at my home, so, I concern a lot about how long it takes to be ready to pull a shot. Anyone who own this baby, please give an advice. And how can I know if the machine is ready to pull a shot?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Sanremo Treviso Lx: How long does it take to heat-up?

Welcome Waroros - nice looking machine.* Like all E61s you would need to give it at least 30 to 45 minutes on its own to get all that brass up to temperature and stable.* You can speed this up with a few heating flushes of water through the group but its a bit of guess work as to how much is enough.

My theory is that weve paid extra for all that "old school" bling, that bling needs some "old school" time to allow the laws of thermodynamics to do the magic that keeps the E61 "up there" after 50 years, so I plan ahead.* You could also get a timer.

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 70606271667A030 link=1312053579/1#1 date=1312061551
    My theory is that weve paid extra for all that "old school" bling, that bling needs some "old school" time to allow the laws of thermodynamics to do the magic that keeps the E61 "up there" after 50 years, so I plan ahead.* You could also get a timer.
    Love that one scarey. I have been looking for an explanation to use in the face of newer high-tech.

Can I keep it as my own? ;)

Thank you everyone. I decided to go for Brewtus III. I thought that Treviso should use lot less time in heating up since it has smaller and single boiler. If the time is not significant, I go for double boiler.