Thread: New Musica on its way

New Musica on its way

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Due to the problems I have had with my Musica since I purchased from a Sponsor in October last year, they are sending me a brand new machine it should arrive today or tomorrow. :D :)

I must say that whilst it has been frustrating with the failures it was bearable due to the speedy resolution of the issues. As this was the third major break down in the year they are replacing the machine. They advised that my machine was the only one to have so many issues. They are going to retain the old one for demonstations.

I am waiting less than patiently for the new one to arrive, Plunger coffee just does not taste the same.

Once again it shows the benefits of buying from a Sponsor as you get (IMHO) a better service.

Re: New Musica on its way

Yeehah! Great to hear of a good outcome, Stan, I know youve been missing your baby.

Cheers
    Di

I am looking forward to the new machine. They make great coffee and as you say I (and the wife) missed it a great deal.

Im back in the game. The new machine has arrived and poured its first espresso. Noticed some changes though. More steam, different drip tray and cover and a larger hole where the adjustment for the pressure Stat is with a plastic cover. Also the boiler pressure is a little higher than the old one. Other than that the coffee is great. :D :D :D

How has the drip tray changed - pull out your camera, young man, and give me a gander at the changes!!!

I like the idea of a bigger hole for the pressurestat - I tried to adjust mine the other week (per our other thread) and couldnt get the silly bloody thing to move, so ended up giving up. Im sure if there was more room to put the screwdriver in, I may have had a bit more success.

Cheers
    Di

The change is more to the steel grill it now has a finger opening so you can lift the grill easier, my first did not and I have big fingers so it was always an issue for me to remove. I will take some shots when I have a charged battery in the camera.

The pressure stat to me looks like they have put locktite on it. So a little heat may be required to move it. However I am happy with the way mine is (so far) ::)

Photos as requested

Many thanks for that!

Hmmm, mine now looks exactly like your photos with the drip tray cover and the cutout for the Pressure Stat, so I must already have the updated model. I didnt realise there was a slightly different older version out there.

As Ive mentioned before, though, I bought it from an AASCA State Winner, who was given it as a prize from Nuova Simonelli, so it sort of makes sense that theyd award the latest and greatest version as the prize, I guess.

Interesting!

PS - one thing Ive just noticed that yours has is a little cover over the pressure stat area - mine doesnt have that. Sensible idea, though!

I nearly lost it when I unpacked the machine it was laying loose and I thought it was a throw away. Then on looking further I realised what it was for. Lucky.

May old machine did not have a finger hole in the tray cover. Also the pressure stat hole was only wide enough for a screw driver about 3/8 of an inch, about the size of the hole next to the large hole.

Does your machine have a spelling mistake on the sticker where the water lid opens?

Mine says whit instead of with?!?!?!

Yes it does. Funny I never noticed :-/ still makes good coffee even if they cant spell. ;D

I know!! Makes me chuckle every time I make a coffee, feels like a Balinese knockoff haha.

Quote Originally Posted by 290E180A12610 link=1316560365/4#4 date=1316734392
    I tried to adjust mine the other week (per our other thread) and couldnt get the silly bloody thing to move, so ended up giving up.

Get Mr Hoyks to do it for you, or is he not allowed any where the coffee gear after he set the lawn on fire roasting beans? ;D

Ever read a chinese manual in english now that is confusing. But as stated it makes great coffie ::)

What, ya think Id let him near my baby, Trentski - you know what a hack he is! ;)