Thread: Seconhand DIADEMA Junior Plus

Seconhand DIADEMA Junior Plus

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    HI Coffee Snobs,
    After three years of faithful service My EM6910 has finally died and I知 looking to upgrade. I have been looking at a Nuova Simonelli Oscar but I can get a 2 year old Diadema Junior Plus for about the same price. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this machine and if there is a service agent in Perth for the Diadema

TC

Re: Seconhand DIADEMA Junior Plus

Quote Originally Posted by 44485D504D290 link=1318216201/0#0 date=1318216201
    HI Coffee Snobs,
    After three years of faithful service My EM6910 has finally died and I知 looking to upgrade.* I have been looking at a Nuova Simonelli Oscar but I can get a 2 year old Diadema Junior Plus for about the same price. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this machine and if there is a service agent in Perth for the Diadema
    Semi Auto Maty?

All Diadema gear is at a much higher level of quality and if well looked after, a safe buy. Any competent service agent will be able to look after the machine.

If its seen hard Perth water or been run exclusively on RO, Id suggest you have a knowledgable service agent check it first.

Good luck!

Chris

Yes it is the semi auto.
    RO=reverse osmosis?
    Excuse my ignorance but is RO water bad for coffee mahines?

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 515D4845583C0 link=1318216201/2#2 date=1318217301
    Yes it is the semi auto.
    RO=reverse osmosis?
    Excuse my ignorance but is RO water bad for coffee mahines?
    Yes- unless its remineralised its a killer. Do a CS search ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 5D51444954300 link=1318216201/0#0 date=1318216201
    ..... I have been looking at a Nuova Simonelli Oscar but I can get a 2 year old Diadema Junior Plus for about the same price. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this machine and if there is a service agent in Perth for the Diadema

Welcome to CS Maty I may be the Diadema Junior importer, but seriously there is no comparison. The Diadema started out at a much higher price point as a new machine, and they are not in the same "category" to compare. You would be mad to pass up the Diadema at the same price as the other, and Chris has made some excellent comments.

If you havent found someone to service it I will be able to give you some references.

Cheers,
    Attilio
    very first CS site sponsor.

Thanks Attilio,
    Im looking at the machine tonight after work if I pick it up I will ask you about the service guys here in perth.

hi matyd,

i have a similar experience with ya. i bought the diadema junior semi-auto from a guy upgrading to a cimbali junior last year. also in perth.

it was a 3 year old machine but fully serviced and its now with me in jakarta :) if you wanna read the thread its here http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1288363717/38

anyways theyre lovely machine, really high quality. although had a couple of nibbly problems at the start it was fixed up (details on the thread). and Attilio and his team are just the nicest people theyll answer all your queries and problems even though they were not the one that sold it to ya.

mine was serviced in Supreme coffee machines near burswood, previous owner bought it there originally. so if you still have the receipt and bring it back to them they should support ya. i was told they dont sell them anymore for troublesome to get parts, which according to Attilio and others is kinda wierd as its a e61 machine and most parts are the same.

i changed the steam tip to a two hole one from coffeeparts and found it steams much smoother and slower as i only steam bout 150-200ml of milk at one time.

anyways good luck and hopefully its still in a good condition.

albert

Well I知 the proud owner of a Diadema junior semi auto!

Hi Albert the guy I bought it off recommend Supreme coffee machines As well, he purchased it off them originally. He has already fitted the two hole steam tip to the machine but it is still a bit hard to get good foam in time after using the EM6910 for the last 3 years the steam pressure is amazing.

Attilio is there another service agent you would recommend? Is there still a Retailer for the Diadema machines in Perth?

I致e ordered myself a water filter from bombora and a few accessories from coffee-a-roma so now it痴 practice time!

TC

Nice pickup Maty,

Theyre a terrific machine and you will learn it and love it. Dont worry too much about the wand. You will get used to it!

Enjoy...

C

Hello Maty and to echo the comment from Chris, theyre a terrific machine and you will learn it and love it.

Besides Supreme, you can take it to any reputable commercial espresso machine repairer if and when it needs service. I have a very good relationship with a service provider called Cafe Corporate in Fremantle if you happen to be close by to them.

Since the change of ownership at Supreme I didnt actively pursue either them or any other retailer in Perth as we can retail from here courtesy of this thing called the internet. And we can arrange delivery and local warranty backup through Cafe Corporate. The new ownership at Supreme are the ones who gave albertg some frankly silly "advice?" regarding availabilty of parts, and it is not my intention to go into the politics of why some people say some things.

Nuff said.

Enjoy this great machine.
    Rgdz,
    Attilio
    very first CS site sponsor.