Thread: Loud Popping/Banging inside Domo Jnr???

Loud Popping/Banging inside Domo Jnr???

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I had a very strange experience with my Domo Jnr this morning which is quiet concerning.

I switch my machine on at 7am ready for the first shots being pulled around 8am. I leave my machine on most of the day so I can have more coffee as and when I desire.

Today, I had a terrible head ache and decided to have a lay down. I was woken by a series of loud bangs. Pop Pop... Bang... Pop.. I walked into the kitchen and realised the noise was coming from my machine.

It was loud!!! and had a bit of energy behind it, rattling the cups and cup tray with each pop. I noticed the boiler pressure was sitting up around 2.5 bar. I opened the steam nozzle to release some pressure and switched the machine off. :(

After about an hour, I gingerly switched her back on, and waited around 45 mins to an hour and pulled a couple of shots.. no problem. I left it on for another few hours just to see if anything happened and nothing did???? Pressure stayed at 1.1 bar all day long!

So what on earth was happening? and why would the boiler pressure randomly build up to 2.5 bar??

The machine is only a few months old. >:(

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

TC

Re: Loud Popping/Banging inside Domo Jnr???

Quote Originally Posted by 28212D2F22784E0 link=1318428429/0#0 date=1318428429
    I had a very strange experience with my Domo Jnr this morning which is quiet concerning.....

Today, I had a terrible head ache and decided to have a lay down. I was woken by a series of loud bangs. Pop Pop... Bang... Pop..* I walked into the kitchen and realised the noise was coming from my machine.
    Hvae a chat to your supplier Ross.

There were a small batch of dud Mater pressurestats last year which went into some Domobar Juniors.

You will need to have the pressurestat replaced. Its about a 15 minute warranty job.

Chris

Re: Loud Popping/Banging inside Domo Jnr???

wow! what was the noise - the safety valve?