Thread: Domus Steam Issue

Domus Steam Issue

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Folks,

Hoping you can help me understand whats happening here.

In the last few weeks I had my Bezzera Galatea serviced. I used it for a week afterwards, gave it a clean, then it sat for 10 days while I was on leave.

Since Ive been back from leave the machine leaks steam from the drip nozzle when starting up. The first few times I was able to stop the steam from leaking from the drip nozzle by simply turning the steam arm on and off. Now the only way I can get the steam to stop is to give it a bump (Fonzie style).

The issue can be seen on the below vid...

http://youtu.be/M8EkLZPhSfA

What do you thinks happening here?

Re: Domus Steam Issue

Question
    Did you give it a chemical flush/clean, then left it for 10 days ?

KK

Yes, do you think thats impacted in some way?

Quote Originally Posted by 66424B4B48487266425E40422D0 link=1319171116/1#1 date=1319175028
    Question
    Did you give it a chemical flush/clean, then left it for 10 days ?

KK
    Quote Originally Posted by 454C5D5D44454C5D5D442D0 link=1319171116/2#2 date=1319176702
    Yes, do you think thats impacted in some way?

Yes I think so
    Residue chemical may have just blocked a part of the system

Simple thing to do now is give it a good chemical flush again

KK

OK, will give that a crack. Thanks.

Guys, no luck with this unfortunately. Ive cleaned it twice since the above post. Any other suggestions?

TC

In earlier models, any release from the OPV was drained to the drip tray through a silicon tube connedted to the rear of this fitting. The gotcha was that if you wanted to to set the OPV in the vicinity of 9 Bar (by brute force v locktite) a whole heap of water found its way to the tray during an extraction.

Later models rerouted this pipe to the tank- as on most other machines. If its venting continuously, somethings amiss.

Site Sponsor

If is leaking steam from the drip nozzel, the early version of the Domus Galetea did not have an anti-vacum valve, due to the design of the pressure stat with relay, could be that your this is the problem.
    Which means that is not closing properly any more. Will suggest to call your service provider and talk to them, they should look at it.

send me a pm if you want me to send you the PDF of this machine so you can understand better what is happening.

Regards

Renzo
    Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre

Folks,

Just an update for those interested. Took the unit into Barazi at Coopers Plains who gave it a clean better than I could manage - problem solved. All for the low price of FREE. Gotta love that service!

Thx for your direction...

Quote Originally Posted by 363F2E2E37363F2E2E375E0 link=1319171116/8#8 date=1320229104
    Folks,

Just an update for those interested. Took the unit into Barazi at Coopers Plains who gave it a clean better than I could manage - problem solved. All for the low price of FREE. Gotta love that service!

Thx for your direction...
    Excellent -
    Back in business and drinking coffee again
    Gotta love that price* ;)

KK

Hi - I am experiencing the exact same issue! Machine was serviced 12 months ago by Barrazi in Coopers Plains and is due for an annual checkup anyway.

I have spoken with Barazzi - tech was not there but receptionist told me it was probably a vacuum valve and indicated at least a 7 day turnaround for service work at the moment. We have people coming to stay with from interstate next week and was hoping to have a working coffee machine ! I also called the guys at Di Bartoli and the awesome Renzo sent me a PDF showing the exploded view of the machine and advised that I run descaler through the machine in an effort to reseat the valve. I am going to try this tomorrow as I am 40km away from anywhere that sells descaler !

Has anyone else had this issue ? Does anyone know what part in particular needs to be replaced to resolve this issue ? I might just buy the part anyway so that in the case of the descale not working I can swap out the valve (I am assuming is is a spring / o-ring valve) so we have coffee for the week !

Quote Originally Posted by ilium007 View Post
    Hi - I am experiencing the exact same issue! Machine was serviced 12 months ago by Barrazi in Coopers Plains and is due for an annual checkup anyway.

I have spoken with Barazzi - tech was not there but receptionist told me it was probably a vacuum valve and indicated at least a 7 day turnaround for service work at the moment. We have people coming to stay with from interstate next week and was hoping to have a working coffee machine ! I also called the guys at Di Bartoli and the awesome Renzo sent me a PDF showing the exploded view of the machine and advised that I run descaler through the machine in an effort to reseat the valve. I am going to try this tomorrow as I am 40km away from anywhere that sells descaler !

Has anyone else had this issue ? Does anyone know what part in particular needs to be replaced to resolve this issue ? I might just buy the part anyway so that in the case of the descale not working I can swap out the valve (I am assuming is is a spring / o-ring valve) so we have coffee for the week !
    I did the boiler descale as per this forum sticky http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...rly-print.html and it is all working fine again.

After a descale a few months back I experienced exactly the same problem, tried a second descale, it did not fix the problem.
    I pulled the cover off the machine and traced the tube from the dripping spigot up to a valve at the top of the machine, after a bit of fiddling manage to remove and dismantle the valve, inside was a small valve held in place by a very fine spring (take care to note how it comes apart and don't lose the spring) a tiny piece of white material was lodged under the valve seat, gave it a good clean, reassembled it and road tested it, problem solved.
    Hope this helps.