Thread: Volumetric Bezzera bz07 DE

Volumetric Bezzera bz07 DE

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    hi there
    i have a bz07DE bezzera about 2 months old, im having a big problem with the programmed shot volume.
    I go through the process of programming shot volume as instructed by Bezzera head office tech support and i never get the same volume as in anywhere between 20ml difference.
    its making pulling a good double 60ml in around the 28 sec mark impossible. Please help

Re: Volumetric Bezzera bz07 DE

Quote Originally Posted by 4B4754525F1110260 link=1319787120/0#0 date=1319787120
    hi there
    i have a bz07DE bezzera about 2 months old, im having a big problem with the programmed shot volume.
    I go through the process of programming shot volume as instructed by Bezzera head office tech support and i never get the same volume as in anywhere between 20ml difference.
    its making pulling a good double 60ml in around the 28 sec mark impossible. Please help

A volumetric machine dispenses the set volume of water
    Weather this is set at the factory or the user

Time has nothing to do with it (however by default most if not all volumetric machines will cut off at a predetermined time for safety

The time it takes to pull a coffee shot is governed by a few things

How fresh the coffee is
    The grind
    The tamp

Time taken to dispense the correct water volume is relative to the resistance you have placed in the grind & tamp

Tamp light and you have a quick pour
    Tamp Hard and you may choke the machine
    Get it right and you have the desired outcome

These variables can change day to day as the coffee ages

Thats where a little familiarity with use comes into play

What you are forgetting is the other part of the equipment
    And that is the human factor if you do everything right in the preparation the machine will do its job*

KK

thanks,
    i placed a digital scale under my portafilter and with no coffee in basket each time i press for that same volume i programmed for it is different, the machinw will not give me the exact same volume

I believe that when running freely it will vary due in part to the water in the pipes
    Under pressure it should dispense the correct amount with a range

Having said that I use my volumetric machine manually 99% of the time

KK

That makes sense.
    I chose this machine for the volumetric feature. Im waiting for a call tomorrow from charle at jetblack hopefully he can advice me wether its the machine fault or the user I had a laugh. Just at this point I feel disappointed I may have got a dud, I tend to smash things not thinking about how much they cost. I hope I can keep it together.

Quote Originally Posted by 7D716264692726100 link=1319787120/4#4 date=1319793055
    That makes sense.
    I chose this machine for the volumetric feature. Im waiting for a call tomorrow from charle at jetblack hopefully he can advice me wether its the machine fault or the user I had a laugh. Just at this point I feel disappointed I may have got a dud, I tend to smash things not thinking about how much they cost. I hope I can keep it together.
    Now you dont have to go that far
    I am sure Charley will sort something out
    In the meantime just use it manually as in ON/OFF

As a side note even if you press a button that was programed, you can override it easily by pressing it again to STOP

KK

Thanks kk
    I just played with the bezzera and its given me 4 out of 4 doses the same give or take 5ml with empty basket, strange ha maybe its a flow meter fault.

I have the same issue with my grimac. I suspect (although im too lazy to open it up at the moment) that the sequence of parts goes like this: Pump --> flowmeter --> over pressure valve. This would mean if im correct that the volume ending up in the cup would vary as the flow rate of water varies due to grind/tamp etc (ie, how much water gets dispensed back into the water tank due to the OPV after its already travelled through the flowmeter). Which would mean theres nothing wrong with any part, its just a design flaw in the system.

If the flowmeter is after the over pressure valve, then discount what i just wrote :P

The Bezzera BZ07 DE is a great value "volumetric" heat exchanger machine. A simple push of a button will deliver the correct size espresso every time...

above is on the web site from where i got the machine i wish it was true.. this is why i decided on this model..

I was thinking about what you said and started to look into it..
    the schemetic for my machine shows the flow meter just before the vib pump PIC is a hx machine pumpline image my flow meter is just before that pump..
    im starting to think the inconsistent programmed shot is due to bad design. i would think the flow meter should be after the opv for correct flow measurement..