Thread: Newbie to BZ99 needs help

Newbie to BZ99 needs help

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All

I think this post is in the right forum if it isnt please let me know. Im in Liverpool UK and have acquired a Bezzera* BZ99 and need some assistance with it.

It is a 1.3Kw 2001 model with a single dial pressure gauge

When I tried to turn it on there was a clicking noise, like a relay, and it wouldnt stay on. Eventually when it did and I pressed the green button I got hot water out of the*group head. When I used the steamer or hot water the pressure didnt stay stay constant, dropped to nil and didnt repressurise.

When I tried it the next time it tripped out the ring main in the house. It done this three times. I got a friend to help me out who has some electrical knowledge and we stripped it down and tested the circuits on the machine and the element.* All seemed ok.

I havent tried the machine since we put it back together again as I suspect the the pump should be primed before use and I dont know how to do it.

Does anyone have a readable user manual which can be of assistance and give me any advice on where I should go from here.

Thanks

Site Sponsor

Re: Newbie to BZ99 needs help

It could be at simple that your ON/OFF switch is in his way out. If is not that you should take it to your local repair center, they should be able to test a few things and sort it out for you.

If you want the diagrams of you machine shoot me an email, happy to share. renzo@dibartoli.com.au

Regards

Renzo
    Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre

Hi Renzo,

Thanks for trhe prompt reply.

Id managed to get diagrams from* bezzeracoffeemachine.com.au, although what would be really useful is a user manual if one exists.

These machines seem to be quite a rarity in the UK. Theres only one or two places nationally which supply parts but seem to have no knowledge of the working of the BZ99. One which was selling a heating element even asked me for copies of the diagrams I had!

Before I switch it on again could you tell me how to prime the pump or is it self priming?* Also, what should I see and hear regarding the orange and green switches and should I hear the pump working?

Thanks

Site Sponsor

This machine is self prime.

When you turn your machine ON- the orange light and the green light will turn ON as well.

This machine will prime his self if water is needed on the boiler.

I reckon you should take it to your local repair and ask him for a general service to check everything.

Renzo

I also own a BZ99 (plumbed in model) and acquired it about 6 months ago. Theyre a beautiful machine. I echo Renzos comments unless you really know what yourre doing, take it to someone who does it for a living. Long term its probably cheaper as they may discover something about to break or just give it a good general service that may prevent something from breaking down the track.

Hi Cybersurfer,
    I have a BZ 99 and can send you a pdf of the manual if you still need it.

I think you'll find all the docs for the BZ99 are available in the pointy end documentation section: Documentation - Pointy end

Java "More data!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

I hope the OP has figured out how to use the machine by now anyway
    They aren't that complicated - 3 years should be long enough